Wednesday 4 November 2020

Pop Up Snowwoman

Hello Nomad friends.  I treated myself to an early christmas pressie.  I got myself a Karen Burniston Bitty Ball die.  Squuueeeeeee!  But really, squuueeeee!!!  OK, this took ages to put together.  I am not a fast crafter.  The bitty ball wasn't too bad but you should have seen my attempts at making a card closer!!!!  Pathetic!  Think I got it worked out now so next time will be easier.  There will be a next time.  This pop up is more fun than chocolate frogs!!

I coloured the edge of a white hammered 15cm card base with old rose Promarker and added a layer of Kort og Godt paper cut with a large postage stamp square die.  Using Cactus Flower archival I stamped the sentiment then the snowman on white card, coloured with distress markers and fussy cut.  I used a snowflake brad and twine for my card closer.  I would strongly recommend against a snowflake brad if you are doing this.  It has a tendency to grab whatever wool, very pretty wool, another wool or twine you try to use.  Go for a nice boring round brad.  And then..........


Ta Dah!!!!  I used the same paper, dies, and inks to stamp the God Jul (Merry Christmas) and Ho Ho Ho (Ho Ho Ho).  The snowlady is cut using Bitty Ball and white bazzill.  I edged all the little panels with pale pink, but isn't showing.  I cut a scarf using the bitty ball die and scissors to fussy cut it into shape.  The eyes and mouth came with the die set and the carrot was one of many carrot dies I had to choose from!!?  Don't ask......


Poor man's video.  Flat snow woman!

Boing!!  Too much fun!!   My elastic bands were a bit big.  I tied three knots in the top one but it's a bit loose.  The bottom one I tied one knot near one end and then ignored the little loop and just used the larger reduced size loop and it worked great!  

Hope you enjoyed my snowwoman.  Not as much as me cos I have been having a blast opening and closing this card.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Snowwoman is joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge - Oktober
ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for Xtra Special
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 514






14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable pop-up snowwoman, Gail - bet you had loads of fun popping it!! Such a cute surprise!

Annemarie en Merit said...

What a lovely snowmen!! You've made a beautiful pop-up card for the challenge at 52WTC. Thanks for joining us!

Merit and Annemarie
DT52WTC

Trudy said...

What a beautiful pop-up card!
Greetings, Trudy

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Haha, your pop-up snomwan looks stunning. A lovely looking Christmascard with a huge surprise at the inside.
Thank you for joining the challenge at 52 WTC.
Greetings Miranda dt 52 WTC

Enny said...

Oh, what a lovely card, the snowman is gorgeous ! Enny

Marijke said...

Super! Wat een leuk kaartje! en leuk die pop up met de sneeuwman1 Heel mooi gedaan! Fijn dat je meedoet met 52WTC. Groetjes Marijke.

!neke said...

Great card ! Love this snowman !
Groeten Ineke
DT 52WTC

Jantine said...

Oh wow, that snowman really pops up! Love this! Am also very curious about the rubberbands you used and how exactly...
Thanks for joining our challenge at 52WTC.
Jantine DT 52WTC

Suzan said...

Wat een schitterende pop up kaart! Dank je wel voor het meedoen en succes!
Groetjes Suzan
DT 52WTC

Zw@@n said...

Now that is a xtra special card! Love it. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

martina's kaartjes said...

great fun card ! lovely colors you've used
thanks for participating the challenge 52 weeks to christmas
greetings, martina DT 52 WTC

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh my, that is so cool! Love your pop up snowman, what a lovely surprise for the recipient.
Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Lynda said...

Such a fun card = I'd be opening and closing it myself too - Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

ionabunny said...

Hi Jantine, the rubber bands are used inside the ball to make the pop up mechanism. The die cuts the ball shapes and includes tabs to fix the bands to. Hugz