Thursday 19 November 2020

Little Stars Are Easier To Handle

Hello Nomad friends.  Darnell's Twofer challenge is in full swing and the theme is Stars.  I must admit I often have good intentions to join this challenge, and I love looking at all the fabulous makes in the gallery, but I haven't been so good at joining in.  Sorry Darnell.  6 out of 10, must try harder.  Anyway, saw a reminder post from Darnell and she said this was the final challenge this year so I decided I had to sit down and join the fun.  So  did.  Here's my twofer..

I used Sizzix Primitive Star die, which has a matching embossing folder.  An encouragement and a get well card.

I painted a panel of card with gold Aztec paint and die cut the star and embossed it with the matching folder.  I used the same gold paint to splatt my black base card and also edged the deckle edge.  I used a Stamploration die to cut the sentiment from a scrap of the painted card.  I did think this was going to be a Christmas card, but Get Well are pretty useful at the moment too!

Since I had that nice panel of gold painted card with the star cut out of it I decided to use it!  I embossed the gold panel with Leane Createif Star embossing folder, and I embossed the blue card base with the Primitive Star embossing folder.  I used a scrap of Maya Designs star patterned paper and sentiment strip from the same paper.  The fox is a Papirdesigns stamp, stamped, coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Twofer Challenge 33 - Stars
Stempelgarten Challenge 98 - Sterne
Lek med Kreativ Scrapping - Til En Mann
Scrapchat - Herrekort
Scrappelyst Utfordring for November - Maskulint

6 comments:

Darnell said...

These are 24-carat cards, Gail! That black card deckle-edged in gold for your get well card is amazing with the giant gold star and schplatters! And your foxy second card is a delight! Way to go using the negative gold panel immediately. I love the wonderful texture on both cards with the e/fs you used. Thank you so much for playing in this year's last TCC! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful primitive star twofer, Gail - especially love the one atop the splatter black card!! Cute fox on card one too!!

Mia said...

Both gorgeous starry cards, Gail!
And: There is a birthday candy on my blog. Kisses!

Anita in France said...

That texture-y gold star is so eyecatching and vibrant, Gail, it really pops against the bold black background ... and how cute is that little fox against his bright star ... so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Claudia said...

What a cool star and wonderful how you made two different cards with it, one cute with the lovely fox and one non cute. Great creations!

Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT Stempelgarten challenge

Hege said...

Så koselig revekort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.