Saturday 7 September 2013

Hearts and Candy

Greetings blog followers and friends.  I hope you are having a great weekend.  I've been feeling a bit festive today, no idea why but hey, sometimes you just have to go with the flow.  Over at Cheery Lynn the challenge is Hearts a Glow.  Maybe that got me thinking Christmas.  And then there was this lovely paper by Basic Grey that I bought.  I thought it was such lovely autumn colours, only to discover on closer inspection the script was Christmas.   OK, I can go with that.  I decided to make something a bit different and I wanted to try a 3D project so this is it......



I started by cutting 4 Cheery Lynn Love You More hearts from gold mirror card.  Then I drew a heart shape to go with it and fussy cut 4 hearts from Basic Grey Jovial Nice double sided paper.  Love those yellow tones.  I stuck the diecuts onto the hearts and used DI Barn Door to add some extra red inside the diecut.  I scored and folded down the centre line. 



I added some lace around two of the hearts and then stuck them together to form a 3D shape.  Before sticking the fourth piece in place I added some red ribbon, folded over at the top for a hanger and I left a tail hanging down so I could attatch something at the bottom. 



I made a small bag from red organza and added a couple of silver metal snowman charms from Korthobby.  I have filled my bag with some chocolates. 



Here's the whole thing just hanging around.  Quite a nice way to hang the Christmas chocolates or maybe some other little gift. 

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs - Hearts a Glow
Korthobby Utfordring - Snop Eller Godteriprosjekt 
Basic Grey Challenge 102 - Anything Goes  Basic Grey Paper jov-2808

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend wherever and whatever you are doing.  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How festive! Thanks for joining us this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Laura said...

Great make!
:)

Sylvia said...

Wonderful Christmas project, love the Cheery Lynn die and the beautiful autumn colours.

Sylv xx

May Grethe said...

Kjempestilige hjerter med tilhørende sjokoladepose.
Setter stor pris på at du deltar i utfordringen hos oss også denne gangen.

Med vennlig hilsen May Grethe DT hos KorthobbyUtfordringen

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it !

Kjersti Gabrielsen said...

Så utrolig kreativ du er. Takk for at du deltar hos korthobby utfordringen.

Mvh DT-Kjersti

Lou said...

Hi! just love this,such a great idea and thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge.Good Luck,hugs Lou.xx