Sunday 8 September 2013

Penguinauts

Good evening blog friends and followers.  I hope that everything is right in your world.  It's Sunday.  I've done a bit of this and a bit of that, not as much as I had hoped, rarely ever as much as I hope.  We get there eventually, slowly but surely.  Take time to smell the roses and look at the clouds.  You never know what you may see.  I have been having a bit of a tidy in the Room of Craft.  I knew it was past time when I had to relocate to a totally different space as pushing the contents of the desk to the left or the right was no longer an option.  I was inspired by the arrival of a package from Crafty Individuals.  As well as containing the gorgeous stamp I used on this project it also contained two sheets of desperately needed foam mount.  OK, get all that unmounted rubber sorted out and organised.  I also thought of a cheep and cheerful storage for the contents of the desk, and dare I say?? the floor!!   Yep, it was getting bad but now it's getting better.  I might share my storage solutions at a later date because it's always interesting to see how people cope with the ever expanding stash.  Sometimes I wish I lived in the TARDIS.........

I'm going to take a hint from Izzy and call my happy accident a tip.  Hee hee.....  Anyway, for reasons I don't rightly recall I decided to take my sheet of Architexture metal and stick it to the card it came with using my most favourite all purpose UHU adhesive.  This is the original in the yellow metal tube with the distinctive odour.  The one that takes the coating off of my gold mirror card!  My sheet metal was purple on one side and silver on the other.  I stuck the purple side down!  That was the other day.  Today I found it again and decided to use it but noticed that the corner wasn't stuck.  So I pulled!!  And the two pieces seperated.  Disaster!!  but no....  Maybe we call this a TIP...


It looks really cool.  No glue residue just this great contrast.  The paler areas are like the purple side of gunmetal colour

 This is the piece of card which has all the glue residue and also some funky purple areas that almost feel like wax.  A serious candidate for a resist background me thinks.  The metal piece gave me my perfect background for my card.  I wanted to have some mad wild colours but lacking dylusion sprays I had to be content with this.....


I think it looks a bit otherworldly.  The penguins, so fab, are the new Alice Palace stamp from Crafty Individuals called 2 Penguins.  I stamped them, coloured them with PaperArtsy Limelight Fresco paint and then fussy cut them.  They are on foam pad's, standing on a piece of collage paper from Crafty Individuals Travel in Italy Background Paper book.  There's a recycled corrugated card moon/sun/planet which got seriously distressed and then I added various DI inks for a hint of a tint.  I've matted my scene on black paper and then mounted the whole on a purple card.  Sorry it looks a bit blue.  The sentiment is Art Impressions Goofy Things.  Gosh this was fun!!

Joining in at
Art Impressions - Oh my Chickens
Stampotique Designers Challenge 115 - Lots of Layers
Papirdokkene Utfordring 51 - Stempel
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics
Country View Challenge 7 - Layers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamping All Stars I love PaperArtsy Fresco Paints especially Limelight.....

Thanks for visiting and staying with me through this waffly post.  Oh I must just say please check out Trisha Too.  She has a very ambitious idea to send an ATC to every country in the world and is looking for addresses so if you are visiting me from far afield, and I know I do get visitors from all over the world, and you are interested then please see if you can help Trisha out at the above link. 

Enjoy your evening.  May the Craft be with you.........

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Great project! I love those stamps. Some of my personal favorites. Your project may not have started out the way you wanted it to, but it turned out great. Thanks for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

Sylvia said...

A fabulous fun card, sounds like you had great fun making it too.

Sylv xx

G Peplow said...

Ah Ha!!! A happy accident indeed :D Love the way your background turned out LOL Great card!! Thanks for visiting me and I am glad to see the back of those nasty wasps, no using the nest it's not at all clean euck!!! So no not able to recreate with it LOL Gay x

Kay Wallace said...

I just love it when what appears at first to be total failure, ends up being something quite spectacular! Your "happy accident" is indeed just that! Love that sentiment, too, Gail! Good luck in the draw at Stampotique!

Kaz said...

Well done on making a happy accident! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Gail, your "happy accident" looks fab :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Jean Hardy said...

This is fun and very otherworldly - love it! Jean x

Renee Matarese said...

This sentiment is one of my favorites! Love your penguins and the expressions on their faces. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions! Renee

Inkypinkycraft said...

great way of creating a background x thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenge, hope to see you next month x trace x