Sunday 22 September 2013

Snow Business

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hello to Natty and Janet who have recently joined our jolly following.  Another grey wet day here in Norway.  Hope the sun has been shining for you.  Today is official the first day of Autumn.  Here's to pretty colours, crisp, sunny days and piles of leaves you can crunch your way through.  The crazy season draws ever nearer and I have a set of Christmas cards to share with you this evening.  I really wanted to try stamping on metal and am very pleased with the result.  

I have used sizzix Snowman set which is a set of framelits and matching Hero Art's stamps.  I stamped the snowman, coloured his scarf and hat blue and cut him out with the matching die.  The blue metal was stamped with the various snowflake stamps in the snowman set and embossed with pale blue embossing powder.  Then I used my sizzix ATC die to cut out 4 pieces.  I stamped the white card using the snowflake dies and VersaMagic Aegean Blue chalk ink.  I layered the three pieces and voilà.......


I made a set of four

Joining the fun at
A Blog Named Hero - Game Set Match
Me and Mine - BtCR  Total 28 so far
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp Not On Paper
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 143 - Stamp Stamp Stamp 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts September Challenge - Something Blue 

 Thanks for your visit.  Take care, be crafty....

11 comments:

MiniOwner said...

These are super cards, Gail. I love the rich blue colours and the snowmen are so cute. 28 cards! Well done and thank you for joining in with Beat the Christmas Rush.
Sue x

craftybren said...

Such a happy looking snowman, a very vibrant looking card

Candy C said...

These are super cute wintery cards! Love the white and foil blue background! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Kay Wallace said...

I just love your design for these holiday cards, Gail!! Super choice of that chilling blue for your wow color, too! Well done!

Diane said...

Just adorable, love the blue color.

Regards diane

Hazel said...

Beautiful cards - love the shine behind the lovely snowman - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 143 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very fun!
bibiana

Paper Profusion said...

These are gorgeous - thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Nicola x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful!!! Love the snowmen all shiny...precious!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Gail :-) I need to start making them in sets if I am going to have anywhere near enough for Christmas !! :-)
Thanks for your comment on my New baby happy hopper card, there is a link to where I bought it on my blog post :-)

thanks for joining in with my candy too and good luck :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sylvia said...

Love the snowman against the blue metal, fabulous Christmas cards.

Sylv xx