Wednesday 18 September 2013

Love is Coffee and Cake

Hello and welcome.  So glad you could join me in my little crafty space.  Another yukky day and it seems that autumn is here to stay.  Although it's weird.  I posted a few days ago that overnight big piles of leaves had fallen but there don't appear to have been many additions and looking around the trees are quite green still.  Maybe those were just the early fallers.  I know if it was me I'd be the last leaf on the tree. 

I have been playing with an idea for a card for the LOTV challenge where this month it's ribbons and lace.  I fussy cut the LOTV image I wanted to use from the True Love Art Pad.  A boy and a girl on a swing.  I thought it would be nice if I had an arch I could hang the swing from.


I started with an inky background with Distress and VersaMagic inks and cut an aperture using Sizzix Vintage Cabinet die.  I decided to use both the positive and the negative cuts but wanted a line of distinction so I distressed the edge of both sides of the aperture.  This left me with a white distressed edge which I was going to ink but decided it looked good as was.

This picture looks very flat but it's actually very dimensional.  The swing ropes are attached behind the background and I mounted the swing on foam pads.  I used 3mm on the kids feet to the swing and then used 2mm on the kids bodies.  I distressed the edge of the background and coloured with VersaMagic Gingerbread.  Then I mounted it on a kraft card with a distressed edge coloured with VersaMagic Jumbo Java.  I've nicknamed this combination coffee and cake.  Just so you know.

My card is joining the fun at
LOTV - Ribbons and Lace
Country View Challenge 7 - Layers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something Simon Vintage Cabinet Die / Distress Inks
Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Blog Candy Bonanza using positive/negative cuts from dies

Thanks for visiting.  Be safe, be crafty

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

I saw your card on the LOTV Sept challenge. Such an unusual idea :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Gail, the design is fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Anne said...

This is just lovely Gail, always nice to see something a bit different!

Thank you for entering our Ribbon and Lace challenge - good luck!

Anne
Lili of the Valley x

Sylvia said...

Wonderful idea, great colours and cute image.

Sylv xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

cute use of the layers for the stamp. xthanks for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenge, hope to see you next month x trace x