Saturday 28 September 2013

Buttons and Tags

Hello and welcome.  A lovely sunny day today.   Luckily I completed most of this project last night.  Over at PaperArtsy Liz Borer made a lovely doll with a button book.  The doll is a bit beyond my available time at the moment but definitely something to remember.  She is lovely.  So I thought I'd have a go at the shrink plastic buttons.  I didn't have any of the stamps Liz used so I looked thru my PaperArtsy stash and.....

I cut some circles of shrink plastic, stamped with the flower from USNT4 and coloured it.   My first attempt was a bit wiggly, the one on the right, but then I thought I got it!!  I am using clear shrink plastic so I painted the backs with white acrylic. 


Such fun.  I also made a set using the moth from SIEN10F and coloured the backs with gold acrylic.  I made button cards using a Crafty Individuals stamp and coloured with distress ink.  Then I decided to make some using the girl from the Bloom stamp set


I used archival ink on my shrink plastic and it bled.  Not a problem on simple lines but these were a bit more detailed so they came out a bit darker than I was hoping for.  What ink did you use Liz?  Anybody have any suggestions.  


I thought it would be fun to mount these on cards with the full size stamp on it.  The one on the right is a bit pale in her face.  Don't know why.  Maybe she's getting ready for Halloween. 


 I decided to make my button cards into tags.  

Joining in the fun over at 
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Here comes the weekend.........

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great buttons they look wonderful on the cards, these would be a nice gift for a crafting friend or to embellish a card.

Sylv xx

Etsuko said...

These buttons are gorgeous,and you made with lot of fun. I love girls buttons.

Craftyfield said...

Your button cards are so vintagey they look like the real thing! Lovely buttons too. Everybody will tell you to use Stazon for shrink plastic (or other slick surfaces) but as with Stazon you need a special cleaner and clear stamps are damaged by it I use Brilliance ink instead. Not as dark as Stazon, dries more slowly but cleans up a treat with water!

Kay Wallace said...

I am no help in the shrink department, Gail, as I have never used it, but your art did remind me of that movie, "Honey, I shrunk the kids!" I love how you used both the full and the "shrunk" images together! OK, the buttons have my attention, especially the gold moth buttons, which are just gorgeous!

Janet said...

Fab Buttons
Janet

Lucy Edmondson said...

Your buttons are absolutely gorgeous, Gail! I use StazOn as I feel you can be sure of it. I sometimes use Brilliance and give it a quick blast of the heat gun but not enough to start the shrinking process. If I have base coated the shrink with Frescos I use Archival,

Lucy x

Julie Lee said...

Fabulous buttons! I love all the colours and designs! Julie Ann xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous tags.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby