Sunday 1 September 2013

The Saga of Scary Monster

Unbelievable!!  Totally unbelievable.  Hi everyone, welcome to my little corner of blogland.  You may need to check out last nights post here to get some references but basically me and Scary Monster were clipping along at the trot last night.  You know that patchwork paper is a lot of sewing.  I'm glad I went real.  I am sure if I had resorted to the pen then I would have run out of inspiration before the end.  Anyway, this morning feeling buoyed by the success I decided to make some cards.  Me and SM.  Would you believe SM jammed on the second stitch!   Arrggggg.  OK, deep breath, sort it out, try again.   OK, now we are cooking, I mean sewing.   Thread break!!   Deep sigh.  OK, off again.  Needle break!!  OK, I get the message.  Luckily I had done the bits that show so please forgive my resorting to the glue. 


I liked Darcy's clean style cards she made.  This background is so lovely so why not showcase it.  I have sewn on a piece of DCWV Dots paper and the sentiment is from Art Impressions.

Thanks for dropping by again.  It's a particularly wet and yukky day here in Norway so maybe there will be more, although I really must tidy a little after the explosion of masks and stamps and paints last night.  Maybe me and Scary Monster will be back on speaking terms.  At least I have to fix the needle.  Now where are my spares.....

Joining the fun at

Have a great day wherever and whatever you choose to do.

12 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab, I just love it! We all have our struggles each week, don't we. Mine is finding where I have put things, normally my substrates,

Lucy x

Darcy Marshall said...

Well you and scary monster did an awesome job. I totally love the card, perfect!

Kaz said...

Love the stitching on this card. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique once more.

Sylvia said...

Great card and stitching, lovely patchwork and fabulous sentiment. My SM is temperamental too the reason I only do straight stitching.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

Totally love your funny card, Gail! It would make a perfect birthday card for and "older" person--like me! roflmbo

Etsuko said...

Fabulous birthday card.I love this colors combination.

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card and stitching! Even with the sewing machine acting up :) Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Von said...

Really like this Gail :)
Von ☺

roc said...

truly wonderful!

Michelle said...

What a fun project! A great use of "dots". Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

france papillon said...

i hope you get your scary monster fixed, because you made a great card together ;)))
thanks for joining the fun at the Stampotique challenge
xx
france

Wendy said...

Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty his month...good luck
Wendy xx