Monday 30 September 2013

Suposedly She Has a Heart of Gold...

... although it might take an autopsy to find it.  Hello and welcome.  What a great line that was.  Heard it last night in a TV series about midwives in London in the 1940's.  Think it's called Life in the East End.  Although I could be wrong.   I just remembered as I was gold leafing my heart.  Over at WOW they gave the challenge theme this month as decadence.  Gosh, that's a tricky one.  It was one of those dictionary moments when you come away more confused than when you started.  So I'm going with my own impressions which are opulence and excess typified by the colours red, gold and black.  


This was so difficult to get a photo of.  How do they photograph the crown jewels??   This was my first attempt at gold leafing.  I used the flakes rather than a sheet so they were a bit crumpled and gave a nice texture.  I leafed a leaf from Tando Creatives Leaf Pack A and used it as a heart.  I stamped a red deckle edge panel with Hampton Arts I Love Thee stamp and embossed with black embossing powder.  Lots of different love lines.  I embossed the edge with gold powder and mounted it on a black card.  Then my lovely golden heart.  If that isn't decadence then I'll eat my rabbit.   I think this will be a lovely Golden Wedding card.  Would anyone believe it's real gold leaf on a card?  Maybe I should just frame it as a tribute to excess.  

My golden heart is joining the fun at
WOW - Decadence
Tando Creative - Let's Leaf It
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Say it With Stamps I'm talking love

Thanks for dropping by.  Stay tuned, the mojo is with us tonite.......

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wonderfully decedent card, love the rich red and black with the fabulous gold heart, must get out the gilding flakes and have a go!

Sylv xx

Sandy said...

I agree with everything Sylv said - I could not hve said it better!
sandy

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the gold heart! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, I love the elegant gold heart.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Michelle said...

What a beautiful project. The gold leafing is lovely. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle