Sunday 29 September 2013

Retro? Think so.....

Greetings and welcome.    The sun is shinning, the birds are tweeting, the bees are buzzing.  Even saw a butterfly.  Basically a beautiful day.  A day to be out weeding, not crafting, but I got seriously side tracked last evening when I followed a link to Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge.  I love ATC's.  It's amazing what you can pack onto a small art space.  I haven't made any for a while but since I have decided....  ooh that's a secret til next Wednesday.  Anyway, the thing is the theme was retro/vintage and the medium was ATC so I dropped the other things I was working on, some got incorporated into totally new projects.  This is going to be a bit of a post cos I went a into overdrive and I'm putting it all here in a mega gigantic fun filled ATC post.  Please feel free to just look at the pictures......

I started with Art IMpressions Dancers stamp.  Love those girlfriends.  I bought this stamp last week and decided to have a go at colouring.  I'm not so good at that but practice makes perfect and these stamps come with a nice colour image to help you out.  Anyway, I was pleased with my colouring but then was having difficulty fitting it to a card.  This is a big stamp, about 14cm across.  These girls need room!  Anyway, then I thought if I cut that one off I can move her....   The end result was I cut up the whole image and had my 4 girlfriend separate with just the occasional missing limb!!!!  Anyway a bit of masking, cutting and piecing and they were whole again.  This is where the ATC challenge made me decide that instead of putting them on a roof (don't ask!) I would make a group of ATC's.

I cut my ATC's from black glitter card using my sizzix ATC and corner die.  The corners are gold mirror card.  Those ladies shine against that classy black glitter.  The phrase is one I had seen around.  Actually I discovered today Art Impressions do a stamp with a longer but similar phrase.  Must get hold of that cos it would be a lot easier.  I used the computer and word.   I don't envision these girls staying together so the fact that the phrase is the same won't make no mind.

My girlfriends are joining the fun at
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge 119 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

But are they retro?  I don't know.  Those girls are almost certainly Vintage ha ha.   Anyway they were just a by the way.  I think of retro as bright colours,circles, lines and simple images so I decided to make an ATC using Salty Ocean, Barn Door and Mowed Lawn Distress ink.  I masked an ATC to apply the colour in stripes.  I liked it so much I forgot to take a picture.  In the groove now.  I decided to make a set of three and try and line up my stripes.


 I've added a Christmas tree diecut from the Sizzix Snowman set and stamped with the corresponding Hero Arts stamp.  Retro?  I think so.  I hope so.

My Christmas Tree ATC's are joining the fun at
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge 103- Retro/Vintage

So, are you are still with me?  The first ATC I made which isn't part of the above set I decided to make into a card so I mounted it on a green marble card I found.


Small and cute.  Honest, that card is green but it's quite pale in the picture.

My tree card is joining the fun at
Me and Mine BtCR Sept total so far 29
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 144 - Use 3 Colours  I used Red/Blue/Green
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for September
Country View Crafts Challenge 7 - Layers

OK, that was mega.  Hope you made it through.  Maybe I should have split the posts but it probably would have been more to read.  Thanks for your visit.  Hope you have had a great weekend.  Gosh almost October.  Stay tuned for fun and games........

Here's a few extra close ups of the girlfriends




9 comments:

Jules said...

Your dancing Lady ATC'S are great. Love them !! :)

Hazel said...

Love the dancing! And love the Christmas ATCs and card - love the colours - thanks for sharing for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Heather said...

What fabulous set of ATC's - I love the backing papers and your images are fabulous - such fun!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

hugs
Heather xx

Sylvia said...

Love those dancing ladies, great contrast in the two sets of ATC's, the little Christmas card is great.

Sylv xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the dancing girls !
Corrie x

Kay Wallace said...

I, too, am a big ATC fan, Gail, and don't make them often enough! I agree, one can get a whole lot of art into that 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" space, as you have done here with your dancing friends! I just love them all!

Gabrielle said...

Lovely project - ATCs are a huge favourite of mine! Thank you for joining in with the September Country View Crafts challenge - we really appreciate it!

Sandy said...

You have hit the jack pot with these makes - those ladies are really grand!!! Kove it!
sandy

MiniOwner said...

Of course I popped over to see your Christmas cad but I must tell yiou how much I like your girlfriend ATCs. They did make me smile. :o) 29 cards for Beat the Christmas Rush is a great total - well done and thank you for joining in.
Sue at me & Mine