Sunday 15 September 2013

A Little CAS

Greetings.  Welcome.  Have you had a grey and generally yukky day?  I hope not but here it felt more like November today.  I did try and do a bit out in the garden but just wasn't inspired and once I got wet I decided that I'd done enough and it was time to craft......


I decided to make some tape using masking tape.  I used various inks, Distress, VersaMagic, Memento.  Stamps from Crafty Individuals, Lawn Fawn and unknown others.  


I've used a cream card base and blended some DI.  The keen ones amongst you will note the uneven top here verses the straight one in the next picture.  That's because I'm messy!!  I had to redo the whole thing when I didn't check my stamps hadn't picked up extra ink around the edge!!  So on the next attempt I decided I wanted a straight line.  



I had stamped the bird pair but they seemed to be just hanging there and then I saw this card by Laurie and decided to try and add a sentiment to take the line across the card.  Pleased, except for that silly little heart I thought would be cute to join the two words!! I told you I can't draw.......

My card is joining the fun at
ALBC - CAS
Joan's Gardens - fall colours, leaves, bird/tree
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Autumn 
Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Blog Candy Bonanza
Craft-room Challenge - Trees/Leaves 
Country View Challenge 7 - Layers 
Casology Week 61 - Silhouette 

Gosh that's a busy little card.  Well, I don't mean busy cos it's CAS but....  oh well whatever.  Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you feel like leaving behind.  I appreciate them and the time you have taken here.  Have a great evening.  

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Oh wow! I love how you've done this - the effect is great and I thought it was actual washi! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

hazel said...

This is brilliant, I love your home made tape and the great design. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Joan Fricker said...

Your card is very pretty and I love how you used the sentiment for your birds to sit on.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardes.com

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious card - love the blended colours, and I think the heart is cute!
Alison x

Maggie said...

Lovely CAS card really like the colours and the way they are blended.

MaggieH

Jacqui Chimes said...

I love this card - Thank you for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty this month

Brenda Brown said...

LOve your own washi tape and the great colours on your card. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts September Challenge.
hugs {brenda} x0x