Sunday 4 May 2014

Year of the Frog

Hello.  Welcome.  I don't know about you but I always think twice about using foreign words and phrases on projects.  Especially oriental characters because you are never sure what you are saying.  Living in a country where English is not the first language I am only too aware of how many times I have innocently strung together a phrase only to find the locals ROFL or occasionally earning a shocked look.  I prefer ROFL.  At least I am keeping them entertained.  



My third and final entry for the PaperArtsy inspired by #3UPers, this time Susan's paper rolls post.  I've used a brown card base and layered with PaperArtsy Chatsworth Papers.  Gave the edges some serious distress and abuse, but they can take it.  Used the same paper for the rolls and some paper string.  The image is from LPC022 and the little stamp with the red tint from PaperArtsy SIEN10F.  I was going to use a chinese character in the top right but my phobia about putting it upside down or backwards held me back.  That said would anyone care to hazzard a guess on the text on that stamp?  It could be from the Perfumed Garden or maybe just a weather forecast!  See, mad scientist brain working overtime again.....

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by and all your lovely comments.  I know I've been busy and that you are too and I do appreciate you taking the time to visit, view and comment on my projects.   Big hugs. 

4 comments:

Etsuko said...

Oh this inspiration is stunning! Beautiful Chatsworth used and oriental LP's stamp is well matched. I like red string too xx

Julie Lee said...

This is the perfect way to create with the scrolled papers! Gail, it's a truly stunning and glorious project! I love i, especially those torn edgest! Julie Ann xxx

Kay Wallace said...

My Chinese is somewhat lacking, Gail, so have no idea as to what the text might convey, but I do love this piece. I used to use rolled paper a lot in my scrapbooking, but haven't yet used it in my art journaling. You have inspired me today, my friend. Thanks!

Heather said...

A fabulous card - a great colour scheme and papers......I love the distressing, a wonderful image and paper rolls are stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx