Thursday 1 May 2014

Inspired Squared

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hello and hug to my new followers.  Thanks for joining our happy little band.  Have you been over to the PaperArtsy blog this week?  It's 3UP week and the punters are strutting their stuff.  Me included!!  Here's my take on one of Shirley's cards from Night 1

I've only got one set of Lin Brown stamps, ELB04, and these are solid so I decided to do a bit of stamp kissing using a stamp from Darcy's EDY06.  I started by applying white paint to my black card.  Shirley used pigment ink but I wasn't getting a good result.  Maybe wrong ink, or paper?  Maybe wrong credit card bwahahahahahahhahaha.  Sorry, obviously too much sun LOL.  



I wasn't totally happy with the flower but I had stamped off the Darcy stamp on a piece of white card between kisses so I decided to try again with the open flower from SIEN10F and the sentiment from SIDD5.  I've used a button in the center of both flowers. 


Really like these.  Thanks for the inspiration Shirley and to the other brave 3UPers.  Hugs

These cards joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Stampotique Designers Challenge 145 - Flowers 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.   Back soon.  Gosh, what happened to April????

13 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

oooer , nice kissing *mwah* love the cards, the EDY patterning works great on the petals.

Sylvia said...

Such striking cards, fabulous.

Sylv xx

Etsuko said...

Fabulous black and white cards. Great Darcy's stamp onto the petals. xx

Sue said...

Beautiful Gail, I love these flowers, and black and white is always so striking. I'm sorry but I have no idea what happened to April, the whole year's been a bit of a blur to me :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampotique, and have a fab weekend. Sue xx

Jules said...

These cards do look great in black and white, There really stand out! :)

Anonymous said...

Love these Gail!!! x

Juliz Design Post said...

Such striking cards.
Julie x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Wonderful, the kissy flowers turned out great. Well done on being a 3 upper!

Lucy x

Janet said...

Stunning cards

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards, the flowers look great & I like the B&W panels.

Kay Wallace said...

Great kissing results, Gail (not at all surprised!). Two wonderful floral cards...love the monochromatic theme!

Tanja said...

Monochromatic is a really difficult theme (for me *lol*)
You've done a well job! Thank you so much for joining us at SDC!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards! Love the b&w! Very elegant!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa