Tuesday 13 May 2014

A Drink With An Umbrella In It

Hello.  Welcome.  I've been thinking about the Stampoutique challenge, an orange and pink background.  Not really my go to colours but sure to have a wow factor, if I get it right. 



I started with a piece of hot pink card and brayered with PaperArtsy FF Butternut and Rose and then some orange acrylic.  Not so impressed with that.  



Tando Flower Mask and DI Picked Raspberry



I used the script stamp from PaperArtsy LPC003 set and Picked Raspberry.  It was a bit strong so I wiped some away.  It's quite subtle now but I liked it


I stamped a Prima Doll and paper pieced her dress using some MME paper.  Her hair and shoes are coloured with Promarkers.  I added three hot pink enamel dots and added my panel to a matt black card.  

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugs

13 comments:

Dangina Martinez said...

Such a gorgeous dress for this doll! Looks awesome! Thanks for joining Loves Rubber Stamps this week.

Kathi said...

I think you most definitely got it!

I love the background! I never would have tried to paint on solid colored cardstock and I think you did a terrific job of it.

The Prima Doll looks fabulous on your background. Great job paper piecing her dress!

Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous background ! Thanks for joining my Challenge at Stampotique !
Corrie x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gail, these colours look beautiful, and you doll goes perfectly here. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Stampotique xx

Lin said...

I love how this turned out! The background is wonderful and love that you paper-pieced her dress! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so beautiful, love the colors and the great design. LOVE the doll! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Kay Wallace said...

I'm with you, Gail, about orange and pink (especially in combination) not being my "go to" colors. But, in the end, we both created cards we love! How's that for cool!? Love that stamped image!

shirley-bee said...

Love Prima Dolls, and I love your zingy background! Great interpretation of the STAMPlorations sketch too, thanks so much for joining in!

Juliz Design Post said...

I think your background is amazing on this Gail and suits your media doll perfectly with her paper pieced style of dress. Gorgeous. Thanks for the kind comment you left me.
Julie x

Kaz said...

I love this background! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Karen said...

Your background is truly exquisite, both in design and color! What a stunner. The doll looks amazing, too! :o) Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

*Arwen* said...

Wow this background is awesome!
Thanks for joining us at SDC

xx Arwen

Rosie said...

Wowzers, I LOVE the background you created!! Totally fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie