Saturday 24 May 2014

Life of It's Own

Hello.  Welcome.  Do you ever start a project and it just get bigger and bigger and bigger??  It just needs one little bit to finish it.  And maybe a bit here.  And there.  And then you start asking why did I start this??  Should I stop?  Or just keep going?  Well, I kept going but the fancy pop-up center, which is where I started, has been put aside for another day.  Still, I'm pleased with the card and I'll just slip a chocolate bar in there instead.  Something tells me that will be more appreciated anyway.  So here's the card.  



I used a black base card.  I cut Cheery Lynn Tiny Bubbles Border from brown card.  The Cheery Lynn Southern Charm Valance, the two side strips and the backing for the owl are all cut from Stardream Gold card.  It's a lot brighter in the real.  I cut Cheery Lynn Owl With Gears and Cheery Lynn Dandelions from Bronze Stardream card.  I added a bit of gold glitter to the dandelions.  I love this unassuming little die.  It reminds me of fireworks.  Can't wait to work it into some Halloween cards!!  The sentiment is a Kort og Godt stamp and translates as 'to a great guy', or 'to a great lighthouse'!!  Gotta love Norwegian.  This is of course to a great guy.  I mean, who would send a card to a lighthouse!

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 133 - Make it Manly
Joan's Touch Challenge #14 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugs

8 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Gail, What a great fun card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and Good Luck.
Julie x

Ginny B said...

Gail, I had to laugh. What you wrote about adding and adding and adding, and laying aside what you originally intended to use on the card could have been written word for word by me. That happens so often. You have made a great masculine (or lighthouse!) card.
Many blessings, Ginny B

shulsart said...

What a fun card, Iona, love all the layers and the gold against the black is wonderful. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Gail, this is such a great masculine card! I love the Owl with Gears as a focal point! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week.

Irina Gerschuk said...

Wow!!! It looks fabulous!!!! Love all the details))))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Kay Wallace said...

You made me burst out laughing with that last comment, and I had to explain to my husband what on earth could be so funny! Love your card and that gold...a chocolate bar and DONE! Way to go, Gail!!

Corina said...

Striking! Great job! Thank you for joining the Cheery Lynn Design challenge.

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, another great card. Lots of interest and the owl is perfect for your focal point.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com