Sunday 25 May 2014

Fantasy Island

Hello.  Welcome.  Fun, fun, fun.  Over at PaperArtsy Penny Nuttall has been sharing some fun 3D projects.  Penny, I must just say I really hoped to make a magic roundabout, cos that looks a blast, but time is against me.  I have managed to make an island paradise for an amateur gardener. 



Check out Penny's post for details but to cut a long story short I cut my circles, stamped and coloured.  All the stamps are PaperArtsy, from EDY06 or the Bloom set.  I used two shades of blue acrylic to make my pond and then coloured all the flowers and leaves with Galaxy Markers.  I was having a challenge getting a mirror stamp of Bloom herself until the little grey cell sugested stamping on tissue paper!  Genius.  I coloured both images with Promarkers.  I was afraid they might bleed on the tissue but they didn't.  I stuck one onto card and fussy cut then stuck the reverse image on the back.  



I found that Bloom was a little short to see over the vegetation but because I had only a single layer of card I improvised with a heart rock and a little bridge.  If you are wondering what she is standing on these are plastic corks from the milk carton which are going to be feet on her island.  



So here she is on her little paradise.  I used a piece of card that came as packaging for the base and ran a piece of lace around it to hide those milk carton tops.  It looks a bit like waves against the shore.  A few more flowers and she's a smile on a grey day.  Not that today is grey.  So I decided to get a photo in the garden.



Not so successful between the wind and bright sun but I did find a nice floweredy bush for a backdrop.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - 3D Object 
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team May Challenge - In the Garden 
Stamping Sensations May Challenge - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Botanical 
Country View Challenge 15 - Nature's glories 
I Love Promarkers - #220 Anything Goes 
http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.no/2014/05/recycle.html  recycled card from packaging and milk carton plastic corks

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend, and if you are having an extra day enjoy.  Hugs

14 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Awww that is ace! i love the addition of the lace, it really works well and does look like waves. I am short too, i could do with a heart rock to stand on sometimes lol

Sarah B said...

love your little gardener - fab stamp ! this idea is so adaptable xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is adorable!

Lucy x

pennylopes54 said...

Love your take on this! Thank you for joining in. :)

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful ornament so colourful and great fun. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a creative project. Unique and fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp monday Challenge. :)

brenda said...

A really bright and happy card and such an unusual design Gail, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Unknown said...

What great fun, I love 3d projects, so thanks for the heads up :-) Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

Sally H said...

Such a fabulous gardener card! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

WeirdCat said...

A beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper challenge this month :)

Ink Art Designs said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I loved reading your thoughts behind it and the end result is fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot

Meggymay said...

A fabulous project great details. thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Unknown said...

Bright, quirky and fun! Thank you for adding your inspiration to our May challenge at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx