Thursday 29 May 2014

Birthday Fairy

Hello.  Welcome.  I've not had much time to craft this week.  The weather is hot and dry, the farmer wants lots done and my garden and animals need attention as well.  Plus the too hot to think feeling.  I was going to sit out in the garden and make roses this afternoon but the wind scuppered that idea.  So I've kept it simple and used an LOTV stamp Birthday Fairy.  So cute



I've used cream hammered card.  I scored at 1/4inch around the edges using my scor-pal and  some extra lines to frame my sentiment.  I cut a panel and stamped LOTV Birthday Fairy.  Then I stamped her again on another piece of the same card, coloured with Promarkers and Wink of Stella and fussy cut her and the teddy bear/present.  I added these over the stamped image and also some gold glitter on her baubles and wand.  After a bit of a direct stamping mishap I stamped the Kort og Godt Norwegian birthday sentiment onto the same card and added it between my scored lines.  

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Have a great evening.  I'm off to kill some thistles.  The things I do..........

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, like the scoring highlighting the image and sentiment and the bright colouring of the image.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

Love the background scoring and layering, Gail! It really creates a wonderful background for your birthday fairy and sentiment! Well done!

Ms Scrapmess said...

Så himla fint!!! Verkligen effektfullt med all scoring runt om:) Tack för att du deltar i vår tävling på Anyone for Anya!

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute, Gail! This is clean, simple and perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!