Sunday 25 May 2014

Close Encounters Of a Human Kind

Hello.  Welcome.  I remember many years ago I was doing various evening classes and I had signed up to a general craft class.  Imagine my horror, and all the other ladies, when the teacher handed us all charcoal pencils and asked us to draw the tulips!!  Uhhhhhh.   There were protests.  Many protests and threats of leaving but, paid your money, takes your chances.  No one left and a few picture recognisable as tulips resulted.  My feelings were much the same when faced with Clare Lloyd's post over at PaperArtsy.  I managed to ignore it previously but the title and post suggests that this is a regular feature so I have decided to succumb.......


Because of my previous success drawing a tulip I decided a charcoal pencil was the way to go and because of my general non-success with drawing a piece of plain white paper was a good place to start.   Shock horror she looks vaguely human.   I am the subject of alien bodysnatching.  Glad the alien can draw LOL......


Sorry, due to the shock I didn't take any more photo's.  Perhaps less is a blessing here.  If you are laughing may I respectfully ask that you keep it to yourself because for the woman who can't draw fish this is a result!  I used Fresco Finish Rose and Butternut, charcoal for her hair and highlights, or would that be lowlights.  Ah yes, shadows!!  The galaxy markers were still out so eyes and lips.  The background is Fresco Finish Limelight, a Prima stencil, a splat stamp from Kort og Godt and some edging by DI Walnut Stain.  I used the letter stamp from LPC003 on her body.  Let me know what you think, but be gentle with me.  It's the first person I have ever made.

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Eclectic Paperie ePlay Challenge - Get Stenciled
StampARTic Challenge 235 - Use Stencils

Thanks for dropping by and your kind comments.  Hugs

10 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

ohh Gail you do make me laugh, your drawing is just fine, very folk art style, which is exactly what the challenge was. I love the clothing you gave her. I think your alien did a great job.

Sarah B said...

for a first attempt that's pretty darn good - I would say keep at it. xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

I think it's fab!

Lucy x

Sue Lelli said...

Well I can't draw but I am impressed by your woman, all of the details, and the text on her top! The BG stenciling is so vibrant in that color! THX for playing with us at the eclectic Paperie ePlay Challenge!

Clare Lloyd said...

I love the colours you have used, she is great. Thanks for joining me at PaperArtsy. Let's hope this is the first of many drawing. X

Kay Wallace said...

I am not in the least shocked, but rather, totally impressed, Gail! Who knew you could do this?? I have yet to draw my first face...

Micki said...

I absolutely love that background. The stenciling is wonderful and your lady is pretty darn good!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our May ePlay Challenge.

maria f. said...

Good for you - she looks great. Love her postcard body.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous first attempt at drawing, it's wonderful.

Sylv xx

My Hyde Away said...

What a fun project. Thanks for entering the challenge over at StampARTic. Best regards from Kirsten