Saturday 17 May 2014

Splish Splash Splat

Hello.  Welcome.  An extra big welcome to my newest follower Larelle-Susanne.  So glad you have joined our happy band.  

So, when is a splash not a splash?  When it's a splat.  Or a sploosh.  Or a splish.  Hopefully this is a splash.  I think so anyway.  There have been heated discussions on the matter.  I blame it on the cake.........   

I found a great quote for The Craft Barn Q & L Challenge for the word Unique.  I have also been thinking about the CASology challenge where the cue card says Splash.  Hence the previous discussion.  I really like 'simple' but often find 'clean' to be the biggest challenge.  Messy crafter at work.  Anyway, I tried really hard and, by Jove, I think I got it.   
 

My quote is from Margaret Mead, listed as an American Scientist.  If what I've read is anything to go by she sounds like a very sensible woman.  Good on you.  I've used 'Always remember that you are absolutely unique.  Just like everyone else.'  Fabulous advice.   So I used red acrylic paint for my splash of colour.  Every splash is also very unique, so I figured it was perfect. The letters were hand written by me.  Keeping it simple.  

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Q&L Challenge - Unique/Fame 
CASology Week 95 - Splash 

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great evening.  Hugs

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Even if someone (not me!!) decided to get technical and call this a swipe, it's still a splash of colour! And it's clean - see all that white space? Love that technique and the clever quote - helps to keep us all a little humble! lol! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, that's definitely a big splash, and a great splash of red, too. I'm in awe of your handwriting skills, too. Nicely done quote for the challenge.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I am LOVING the large splash of color, wonderfully done, and the words are so powerful!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at CASology, really hope that you are inspired to join us again!!!

Craftyfield said...

More of a brushstroke (or swipe) than a splat but definitely a splash-of-colour. I bet this is the quickest entry you've ever made in the challenge! The quote of course is sensational...

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! Love this!!! Love the bold splash and your handwriting! (I've never used my handwriting on my card, but you made me want to give it a try.) Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

Rahmat said...

A swipe splash indeed! Nice words and the red just stands out.

massofhair said...

A swipe of colour and beautifully hand written quote, both CAS and Unique:-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

You already know how much I love humor in art, so you will immediately know that this card is a hit for me. That splash of red just captured not only my attention, but my heart! Well done, my friend!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from the craft barn and think this has got to be the most CAS entry I have ever seen. Good on ya Gail! What a fabulously bright splash of colour it is too. I love that quote. So sensible :o)

Sylvia said...

Love the splash of colour and the fabulous quote. Missed this fortnight's Q&L deadline although I had lyrics for both words.

Sylv xx

buterfliecrafter said...

so simple, but effective, and no doubt it took ages to figure out how to position the splash, which color...