Saturday 10 May 2014

Tips From The Sewing Room

Hello.  Welcome.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Do you ever see the latest trend and stock up on a few items only to find them left abandoned in a corner of your crafty space??  I hope I'm not the only one!  And I used the word 'few' but, well, you know.......  Over at PaperArtsy Liesbeth has been making a gorgeous sewing themed tin so I thought it was time to wheel out all those sewing themed products that sadly see little use.  



I liked the colours.  Very into kraft at the moment.  I liked the stamps Liesbeth used.  I don't have any like this from PaperArtsy but I do have Crafty Individuals French Corsets, Hats and Bonnets and Plain Sewing sets and also Prima stamps that look like the labels from old cotton reels.  I covered my base card with paper from PaperArtsy Chatsworth collection, added a layer of crumpled crunchy wax paper, some lacy stuff and then a panel stamped using CI French Corsets onto Chatsworth paper.  The manikin was also stamped onto Chatsworth paper.  I added a lady from CI Hats and Bonnets coloured with Promarkers and the Prima reel labels were stamped and embossed on kraft.  I added some Memento London Fog to a couple and got that nice verdigris look. 

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
7 Kids Challenge 99 - Anything Goes Flowers Optional my lady has a flower on her hat
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenge 72 - Circle The Globe
Penny Black and More May Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to finish a few things in the garden before the rain comes.   Hugs

16 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous, totally loving the Chatsworth paper in the background!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, looks great! Love the fabulous muted colours, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous!!! x

Etsuko said...

Brilliant! Fab colours xx

Craftyfield said...

You get some additional points for using old stash, and yes I'm the same, I have barely used stash but I get new stuff! It's a beautiful card, well designed and I love the addition of the "lace".

Claire said...

Wow how beautiful! Gorgeous background and I love the colours too. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. I love the colours & he buttons on the side looks great.

Sarah B said...

stunning composition - really classy looking xx

Juliz Design Post said...

This is stunning. I love your colour palette choice and how you have placed everything, so vintage. Fabulous work. Thanks for leaving me a comment. Really appreciated.
Julie x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic background and images. Its a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card Gail! Thanks for sharing on Papertake Weekly :)

Shirley said...

Such a pretty card and all the lovely layers work beautifully together.
Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us again soon.

Shirley

brenda said...

This is a really stunning piece of work for our challenge Gail, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More.

B x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! Your really did a great job with the feel of this card! I just love the colors and the papers! Thanks for sharing it with us here at www7kidscollegefund.com!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

Jean Hardy said...

Really lovely card, love the verdigris effect, hope it's okay if I Pin It on our new PInterest page. Jean x