Thursday 8 May 2014

Pretty Weed

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at A Blog Named Hero they want us to be inspired by a Hero Artist.  Now that's not difficult because there are some amazing artists on the Hero Arts team.  I decided to start by perusing the Hero Arts blog and found this lovely post by Jennifer McGuire.   Really like kraft and the white and soft colours looked lovely. 


I started by stamping the Hero Arts vase of flowers onto kraft card.  Jennifer used white ink but I went with VersaMark Watermark Ink and white embossing powder.  After trying to get pretty colours using my cheap colour pencils I resorted to Galaxy Markers.  I decided to stick with the white/kraft and to use Sketch #3 from the Hero Arts Sketch challenge.  I stamped part of Hero Arts Dandelion Frame and embossed again in white.  The sentiment is also a Hero Arts stamp.  I added some washi tape, fussy cut the flower vase and attached it with pop dots. The fussy cutting got a bit pedantic and you can't actually see that I started with kraft card!   What I should have done was stamp the flower vase, mask and then stamped the other elements.  It would have been quicker.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I do like the raised flower vase though so it was worth the effort.  Are we convinced??

Joining the fun at
A Blog Named Hero Challenge 43 - Inspired by a Hero Artist
Hero Arts New Sketch Challenge - Sketch #3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Flowers 
YNS Fun Friday Challenge 12 - Stetch/Photo Inspiration  vase of flowers
STAMPlorations May Challenge - Stamps and Flowers 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a good week.  Hugs

6 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Hi Gail, thanks for playing along with the YNS challenge. This is so simply sweet.

Kay Wallace said...

This card is beautiful, Gail! I love the white against the kraft paper! You achieved great dimension and depth by adding your vase. I really like this technique!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

truly pretty good luck on the challenges and always thank you for your loyal comments. hugs from california
bibiana

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous. I love the white on kraft and your splash of colour.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Angel said...

So delicate and pretty! Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at YNS!

maria f. said...

Convinced! Love that wild bloom touch on the left. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!