Sunday 25 October 2020

Little Ginger

Hello Nomad friends.  The day started well.  Expectations and motivation was high.  Things went well, and that extra hour was just magic.  Time is a funny old thing.  

I used Papirdesign Melisglasur double sided paper for this card.  Does it count as two designer papers when you use both sides of the sheet???  A layer on the card base, then a stitch die cut panel then the adorable Papirdesign Pepperkake (Gingerbread man) cut from the same designer paper.  There are two main dies in this set.  The largest one cuts a tag and then you have the smaller layer.  I didn't want a tag so I cut the largest die from brown card and snipped off the little hanger.  Then I added the smaller ginger, cut from the patterned paper, edged with Tea Dye distress and decorated with white smile and iced squiggles, a couple of black enamel dots for the eyes and three bronze half pearls.  The God Jul (Merry Christmas) is wood, also by Papirdesigns.   I thought it needed a little something so I used irridescent glitter glue on the outside brown frame.  Always good with a bit of Christmas bling.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Papirdesign Utfordring for Oktober - Advent/Jul PD 18500, 17310, 14957, dotter og perler
October Rudolph Days Challenge
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 513
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - October
Crimbo Crackers Challenge 218 - Anything Goes 

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! I love telling the Gingerbread Boy story to the kids at school, Jo x

scrappymo! said...

This is so darn cute. I love gingerbread men. They always call out to me! This card made me feel like baking...bet you can guess what I wanted to bake!
Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your gingerbread man Christmas design.

Whisper said...

Oooo I so love gingerbread men and this is a lovely one too, thanks for joining us at Octobers Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh wow what a wonderful card, I love this gingerbread man. Thank you for joining the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable gingerbread man, Gail - just love the designer papers!!

Stacey said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper.

DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Renate said...

Sååå søøøt pepperkakemann! Enkelt og pent kort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Papirdesign :)
DT Renate

Suze said...

Lovely christmas card Gail. I like the paper pieced gingerbread man. Thank you for entering the Make Your Own Background Challenge at CHNC.