Tuesday 13 October 2020

31 Days of Halloween Day 13 - In Amongst The Clowder Glaring

Hello Nomad friends.  Learning something new every day.  Did you know a group of cats is called a Clowder!  You can also call them a Clutter? or a Glaring!  Ah, now that I can understand.  In the middle of the night, when they meet under my bedroom window, I usually just call them Bloody Cats!!!  

I wanted to use the sketch at Scrap the Rainbow.  I just popped over and discovered I won last month's challenge and was one of the top picks.  Thanks ladies. 


I thought the sketch lent itself to a DL card so I grabbed one of my DL cream textured card bases.  I've used some lovely vintage style papers from Pion Design called The Witching Hour.  Love that Clowder of Cats and that pretty border.  


I added four pumpkins I cut and layered using Sizzix Hip Haunts dies and added some Ripe Persimmon distress colour.  The sentiment is also from the Witching Hour papers.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Scrap The Rainbow Oktober Skisse
Mod Squad Challenge - Hello Pumpkin
Scrappelyst Grublis for Oktober - Jordfarger/Høst
Country View Challenges October - Halloween Make a Scene
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge


13 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Love that "clowder of cats!" You used the card sketch beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's interesting. I did not know that. I had to tell my husband and he agreed that "glaring" was an apt name. That's pretty paper and a very cool card. Thanks for sharing with us at Two Old Bats!

Dotty Jo said...

Like it! We have foxes gathering under our window - even noisier than cats, Jo x

Diane said...

Well me being a cat lover never knew that, so like they say 'learn something new everyday' lol! I love your card and the 'clowder' of cats, it's fabulous! Thank you for joining our Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!
Diane TOBHC DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

SO COOL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our *NEW* Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back next month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Tammy L said...

Pretty card and spooky at the same time. Thanks for joining us at Two Old Bats and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cute quartet of cats, Gail, and I love the row of pumpkins too!!

Lori Kobular said...

Well I love the clowder of black cats at the top of your spooky Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

So cute and lovely card with pumpkins and picture of the cats.
Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Rainbow
DT Jorunn Elin

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card, I love those kitties. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great Halloween scene ! Thank you for joining us in our October 'Halloween, create a scene' challenge! Corrie x

Jane said...

Another great Halloween scene Gail. Thanks so much for joining our Halloween scene challenge over at country view xx

Hege said...

Flott halloween kort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.