Sunday 28 March 2021

Thank You

Hello Nomad friends.   Yesterday I was angry at lots of things that I have no control over.  So I did some gardening, and the simple process of pulling weeds, fingers in the soil, no sounds but birds singing, chickens squawking and rabbits discussing the attributes of carrots helped bring me some peace.  Today it's raining so I have been making things and I've used some sequins gifted from a friend.  That got me thinking about online friendships and you.

Yes, you!

I started my blog in October 2012, mostly to join challenges.  I was actually surprized how fast people found me and started leaving nice comments.  Most people in blogland leave nice comments.  Since then I've joined many many challenges, a few design teams, an international card exchange, that I now help to run, and started the Let's Squash It! embossing folder challenge with my best crafting buddy Jo.  And in all this time I have made many many true, loving and supportive friends.  I have touched hearts, minds and inspiration with many beautiful souls around the world.  And when ET gets around to leaving a comment I am sure we will get along famously.  So, since April is my birthday month, I have decided to give away some of the cards I am making.  If you would like me to send you a card just leave a comment on any post between now and the one I plan to do on the 22nd April.   I will random draw names from all the comments made between this post and that one.   

But first.....This.......

I've made three Artist Trading Cards.  I cut my ATC's from Kilimanjaro (pale sky blue) card and embossed them using That Special Touch Of - Butterfly stencil.  I smeared the raised texture with Bundled Sage distress ink.  I liked the 'Knot' theme Mrs A had for the Butterfly challenge so I used some brown twine, tied three different types of knots and added them to the ATC's.  I stamped the sentiments from Stamplorations Woodland Friends set.  Then I added a few super sparkly sequins I got from my friend Dee, all the way from Kenya!!  Thanks Dee.  

OK, thanks for reading my wordy post, or maybe just looking at the pictures LOL.  If you want a chance to get some happy mail from me then don't forget to leave a comment.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Butterfly Challenge 154 - K For Kite Fold used colour and knots
Scrapchat Utfordring Mars - ATC's med Egen Bakgrunn
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb #193 - Lag Din Egen Bakgrunn
Stamplorations March Stencil Challenge

6 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely ATCs Gail. I also started my blog, not knowing that there were so many like-minded crafters blogging. I joined in a few challenges, worked out how to add a followers button, but couldn't believe other crafters would be interested following me and looking at my cards. I've made so many new online crafty friends and I think it's helping to keep us all sane in these difficult times. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Gail, your right about the online friendships, not sure where many of us would have been with out them over the past year especially. I remember meeting you via the challenges many many years ago, so many talented people out there, it's good to be surrounded by them in blogland. I love the colours of your ATC's they all work in harmony together.
I think It should be you getting cards for your Birthday not the other way around :))
Take care of yourself & enjoy that outdoor space when the rain stops.
Hugs Tracey xx

Dotty Jo said...

Biggest of hugs to you! Jo x

ingunnsinekort said...

All creativity helps us to deal wit feelings and stuff that where words some times coms short. Your ATC`s are beautiful ad the nots is such a ool detail:) Thakn for charing at NSHK. DT Ingunns

Mrs A. said...

Blogland is a wonderful place to be, surrounded by like minded people. So glad I have you as a friend. Your ATC's are a delight. I love how you have created the knots and included them on your design. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Tanja said...

love those ATCs and they have my favorite color too - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations March Stencil Challenge