Friday 19 March 2021

Little Egg Box

Hello Nomad friends.  I have been playing with my Tonic Studio Lantern dies again and this time I decided to make a three sided triangular box.  I decided would be perfect for a kinder egg type chocolate.  The dies include a base for a square and pentagonal box, and I thought a triangular box!  Despite looking at it and seeing that it wasn't an equilateral triangle it wasn't until I was going to glue the base on that I had a eureka moment!!!!  Cutting a 6cm equilateral triangle wasn't rocket science, but I was getting a bit short on the same colour Bazzill card by this time!!!    

I used the filigree dies to cut a window in each of the three sides and the triangle 'roof' decoration.  I backed the windows with acetate and added some yellow crepe paper shreds inside to put my egg on.  I edged the box with Sunflower Promarker and die cut the chick and egg from dies sent to me by a friend.  I used some very old 40mm wide ribbon with yellow chickens printed on it.  Perfect!!  Well, almost.  It's a bit wide, but that means it doesn't slip, so I just made a loose knot and fishtail cut the ends.  Don't want it to be too difficult to access the egg!!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Unstampabelles Challenge 109 - Lockdown Twist Scrap been working on using my stash and making some happy gifts.  The yellow roof panels and the brown egg was die cut from scraps.
Lek Med Kreativ Scrapping - Yellow

No comments: