Saturday 20 March 2021

Food Fight

Hello Nomad friends.  It's a windy, wet afternoon here in southern Norway so I decided to continue the never ending craft room tidy and reward myself with intermittent card making.  So far one bag of rubbish in the bin, one bag recycled and two cards.  Result all round.   

When I saw Green Christmas as the theme at Christmas Kickstart I had a vision of a Sprout Snowman, and here he is!!!!!!   The sentiment, the sprouts and the sprout christmas tree are all from Hobby Arts Christmas Greenthings stamp set.  I used Carmen's Veranda Snowcat for the body and borrowed the splendid hat from Lost Coast Designs Megan's Christmas Bird.  I chopped the arms out of a bit of weetabix cereal box.  Stamping by archival inks, colouring by Promarkers.  I used a dark green foil base card and it looks way more awesome in the real!!!

Also joining the fun at
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #118 - Where's My Hat
We Love Chocolate Baroque March Challenge - I Love.... sprouts.  I really do!  And Christmas, and snowmen, and hats!!!
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 534
Scrap and Scravl Green and/or Yellow


I also spotted that the 2021 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop has started, Scrap and Scravl had an awesome card to CASE for a quick weekend challenge, Waffle Flower Garden want Watercolour Florals and Less Is More wants CAS Inking.  Yep, that's that covered........   I used a pale pink base card, embossed with a stitch rectangle die and edged with green ink.  I stamped Waffle Flower oxoxoxox from Tribal Bear stamp set three times with Prickly Pear archival ink and smooched with Pistachio distress ink.  I stamped the iced latte, extra cream, cat from Waffle Flower's Floral Cat set on white card, coloured with my water brush and distress inks and fussy cut.  I finished by stamping the multi-lingual Meow!, also from the Floral Cat set.

Also liking up to
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Caffeine Fueled Paper Play

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

 

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, wow! Obviously I like the cat card, but your sprout snowman is just outstanding! Bravo! Thanks for playing at CKC, Jo x

Billie A said...

Cute CAS card. Great image.

DIANA L. said...

Such a sweet and simple card I love it.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That sprout snowman is a stitch - so clever, Gail! I love the kitty card the best, though - so sweet and perfect with the xoxo stripes!!

New Creations said...

Simply so beautiful, love the cat card!

brenda said...

There is a positiver to craft room tidy up's Gail, you invariably find things you had long since forgotten. Such a fun card today, thanks for sharing a crafty love with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque (and sprouts!).

B x

Celeste Goff said...

I love the toll details on the cat! So sweet!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute!

Cheryl said...

I love your kitty card for the hop.

I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps

Izzy Scrap said...

Two fabulous projects. One fun Christmas card with this green snowman and its sprouts and a lovely CAS card with your soft inking for this whimsical cat ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

Kathyk said...

Loving both of your cards, your sprout snowman is so fun and your inky cat is a delight

Kathyk

Rosmarie said...

Your green snowman is the most original I've ever seen, and for Waffle Flower's Floral Cat, the CAS style is an excellent fit!!! Hugs, Rosi

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute kitty and coffee card design.

Linby said...

My OH would love this sprout snowman lol! It looks such fun, sprouts are not for me. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge

Lynne said...

Two fabulous and fun designs. Love your cute cat card and using the xoxo stamp is a great substitute for grass. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
Lynne x

Stacey said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC.

DT Stacey

Lisa said...

Oh my so sweet and adorable!