Wednesday 24 March 2021

Not So Simple

Hello Nomad friends.  The month is moving on a pace and I have been meaning to join the CAS Mix It Up challenge where their intriguing theme is Print Making with Die Cuts.  The inspiration is so pretty and it looked like a fun technique so I gave it a go.   The main trick here is finding the right card!!  Card that will take up colour and then release it again!!  So I have some very pretty coloured die cuts, and a few card bases that have suspicious colour smudges on them!!!!   Ah well, a nice panel will take care of those!!!!  But here's a success in my favourite colour!

I used Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet distress inks and spritzing.  Seems this technique works best with strong colours.  The wilted violet was kinda lost in transmission, but blue is such a pretty colour........    I may have got a bit carried away once I mastered the technique so I dipped my die cut a few times printing a bit more of the background each time.  Pretty, and a fun way to colour the die cut.  The sentiment is by Rubber Dance stamped with blue ink. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
CAS Mix It Up Watercolour Challenge
Less Is More Challenge - CAS Inking
Korthobby Inspiration Group
Foamtastisch Creaties
Country View Challenge March - Silhouettes






10 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely CAS card, Gail. The printing looks great behind the lovely die cut. xx

Fikreta said...

Lovely card.

Viv said...

A great print from your die cut Gail, it looks like a shadow reflection behind the pretty Chloe stem. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! x
(I practiced this technique a lot on different watercolour card so understand what you mean - In the end I found it worked better for me if I wet the die cut not the card - I just kept recolouring and re-wetting the die cut!)

Loll said...

Beautiful card Gail! I LOVE the blue flower and the print is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

Mixing the Violet and Blue make for a beautiful shade of blue, Gail! I love how the print made flower is larger and frames the die cut beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing in our birthday celebration at CAS Mix Up!

Kathyk said...

Cracking make, great effect

Kathyk

HilaryJane said...

I had to go and find your other entry and it is just as good. Love that your shadow is magnified, that's so cool xx

Kylie said...

Gorgeous inking with a die cut. It worked out beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx

rachel said...

Lovely make! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges. Hugs rachel x

Neets B said...

What a great technique, it's great to just play isn't it! Love the mix of the blue and violet and you're right, different cardstocks really do react differently. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x