Wednesday 24 March 2021

Under a Bunny Moon

Hello Nomad friends.  Art Piaskownica have a frame challenge and they are also celebrating their 12th birthday!!  So I just had to recruit a few hares and join the party.

The frame I had in mind was too big so I decided to make my own from corrugated card.  I stamped Woodware Lino Cut Stargazer stamp using Potting Soil archival ink on kraft card.  Then I stamped it again on my piece of corrugated and cut it out to give me a perfect frame.  An unusual Einstein moment!!!!!!  I edged the frame, inside and out, with Saddle Brown Promarker and smeared it with more of the Potting Soil archival ink.  Then I smeared some VersaMark ink and embossed with Vintage Photo distress embossing powder.  

I added some Cheery Lynn barbed wire die cuts, cut from brown card and tinted with more brown Promarker.  I also added a little to the hare's eye.  I stitched three bronze metal leaves to the top left of the frame with brown twine and added a chipboard circle edged with brown Promarker and smeared with Potting Soil archival.  Three MDF running hares and done!! 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Art Piaskownica Mixed Media - Baza Rama
Stamping Sensations Challenge March - Monochromatic
Passion for Markers Challenge Week 584 - Bunnies/Blooms
I Love Promarkers Challenge 431 - Anything Goes
Country View Challenge March - Silhouettes



11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I really like this, Gail! Everything just works so well together and the colours look great, Jo x

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a fun project! Your frame turned out beautifully and the whole scene has texture and depth. Great job! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

idaho said...

Fantastic frame! Thank you for joining to Art Piaskownica challenge

inka-art said...

Pięknie i świątecznie :-) Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Art-Piaskownica, pozdrawiam i życzę powodzenia :-)

brenda said...

What a great way to create your frame Gail, wiull give that a go as I always stash away corrugated but never used for a frame.

A super creation and loving that focal image, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Monochromatic' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sue said...

This is really lovely Gail, I have this stamp set and should use it more often. Everything works so well here, beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Lisa xx said...

Beautiful work.....I found myself studying it for quite some time

Thank you so much for joining us at PASSION FOR MARKERS xx

Sheryl said...

Great project.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card, Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations,
Avril x

The Crafty Den said...

What a unique creation Gail. The colour scheme and textures look amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Evelyn Walter said...

How amazing, dear Gail! Very creative and unique, I love it!
Thank you for being part of our challenge at Country View Challenges this month!
Evelyn xx