Tuesday 30 March 2021

It's Cloudy Baby

Hello Nomad friends.  I love embossing is all it's varied forms.  Heat, dry, faux, all add a wow factor to my art.  I decided to use a small but awesomely beautiful die from Memory Box to make a stylised cloud background with a faux emboss look.  

It's been a bit grey here today so maybe that influenced my colour scheme choice, although I do think grey is an underrated colour.  I chose a pearlised slightly textured card base that I knew I would have some scraps for cos I had a whole pack of this once upon a time.....  Eureka!!!  Scraps were cut with the small die from Memory Box Palace Oval Frame die set and arranged in a cloudy manner on the base card.   I also stuck one of the die cuts at the bottom of the card and added a tiny Seasons Greetings silver sticker.  Then I cut and dry embossed Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree from silver mirror card.  A card that looks much better in the real and I may have to use that background again.......

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Memory Box Challenge 70 - Beautiful Backgrounds
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb #193 - Lag Din Egen Bakgrunn
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 534
Double D Challenge - Skies
ABC Christmas Challenge - F is for Fir Tree
 


5 comments:

Lynda said...

I also think grey is a very under-rated colour - I'm a fan. I like how you have made the background with your ovals, and the tree is the star of the show, isn't it? Thanks very much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Martina said...

Very imaginative card! The gray color is really great! Thank you for playing on CHNC together!

Darlene said...

Very unique and very awesome Gail! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Skies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Anita Lise said...

So nice card you have made :) Thank you for joining us at the challenge at NSHK!
DT Anita Lise

Judy Woodland said...

Such a unique and beautiful card. That stylized background embossing is so super fun. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!