Friday 26 March 2021

I Love Eggs

 Hello Nomad friends.  I'm feeling the Easter vibes so I made an egg shaped card with paint and vellum and Rubber Dance stamps.

 
I made the background by brayering red, yellow and ochre acrylic paint onto card.  Then I added some red and black smears using an old credit card.  When the paint was dry I cut an egg shape using a die.  All my stamping is black archival on yellow vellum.  I stamped the Vintage Script on some pieces of yellow vellum I cut with a grass die, to give a nice jagged edge.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of the yellow vellum and ripped the edges.  I stamped the girl from This is Me on yellow vellum and fussy her face.  I used pritstick to glue the vellum pieces to the 'egg'.  I edged the egg with orange Promarker then used a yellow Promarker to colour some lace and stuck that around the edge.  I found an MDF winged key, a daisy and a spikey flower and added them to the card.



I used the same die to cut a card base, setting the fold of my card about 1cm below the top edge of the die.  I glued my card panel to the base and cut a bit off the bottom backside to stop my egg from rolling all over the place.

 
This was a really fun card to make.
 Don't forget to check out the Rubber Dance blog where the team are sharing masses of awesome inspiration every day, and also the Rubber Dance webshop, where there are a selection of stamps on special offer.
 
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz 
 




7 comments:

Liz said...

Super card Gail, such a striking design. I love the shape. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous design, loved reading how you created it. Clever use of the vellum to mix together all the pieces on the "egg"! Love the vibrant sunny colours!
Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

brenda said...

An inspired creation Gail and such lovely happy and bright sunny colours, many thanks for sharing a crafty 'I love...' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

Mimi said...

Oh what a fabulous card and so creative :) just love it :) :) Thank you so much for joining us at I ❤️Promarkers this fortnight - hugs Mimi xxxx

Sheryl said...

A very pretty card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Nelleke said...

Hello Gail,
How cool to see you at the hedgehog challenge. And oh, what a beautiful egg you made. A wonderful combination of paint and vellum. Thank you for participating in the Hedgehog challenge. Greetings, Nelleke Boer

origata1 said...

Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Art-Piaskownicy :)