Monday 9 January 2017

Silent Shaker

Hello.  Welcome.  Shaker cards.  I am sure I have shared my disasters in the past yet I still feel required to try again.  Today I solved the problem of leaky shakers, too much fill or not enough.  I have made a shaker with nothing in it!  Genius.  Maybe?



I cut Poppy Flurry Frame die from glitter card and removed the main negative space.  Then I stuck it on a piece of acetate.  I added a blue panel that I cut with the Flurry frame die, to get a matching aperture, and Stamplorations Crazy Double stitch rectangle.  I popped it up on strips of craft foam and added a piece of blue paper embossed with silver stars.  Love the dimension the foam gives and the acetate supports all those snowflakes perfectly.   I think this one definitely looks better in the real.  But it felt a bit unfinished so........



Frosty the Snowman doodle doodle doo doo doo de.........  It's Mr Frosty from Rubber Dance.  Embossed in blue and then semi-fussy semi-die cut.  Cool........

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 28 - Silent Snowflakes
CASology Week 230 - Cold 
Hjerteboden Januar Utfordring - Blått, Hvitt, Sølv
Papirplaneten Utfordring 13 - Vinter
Happy Little Stampers January Anything Goes with Dies
Repeat Impressions DCC14 - Winter Card, Not Christmas 

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Silent shaker card? Could catch on! This looks great, especially once Mr Frosty had come to town, Jo x

Judy1223 said...

Ha, I love this! Great finishing touch, that snowman is great! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Ink Art Designs said...

lol...a shaker card that is empty...love it!!!
Mr Frosty looks fabulous on this.
Dot x

Melissa said...

Thinking outside the box yielded one fantastic result! :) This is such a fun card and I love that frame die...very pretty!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology!

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so pretty Gail! I love the frame behind the snowman!Thanks for joinng us in the Poppystamsp Challenge!

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

What a loveley card, Gail! I love this snowman, he's my man :-)
Thank you for joining Hjertebodens January Challenge!
Hugs, DT-Anita

Bibi Lindahl said...

Beautiful! Who says a shaker card needs to have anything shaking inside? ;) Cool idea. Love how you've used our snowman - thank you! ♥

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love your silent shaker cards. Mine always fall apart later and leak shaky stuff. NOT a problem with your design.

Heather said...

Hmmm . . . a shaker without any fill? Interesting idea. But no matter which way it goes, this is a very pretty card. Love that gorgeous snowflake die. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful card! I think it's great that you decided to try it with no fill. It really works for this card! The snowflake die is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

pam said...

Brilliant idea Gail! looks great with no filling! love the snowman.
Thanks for joining us over on the Poppystamps Challenge blog!
Pam x

Olga Direktorenko said...

Such an adorable card! Just love the wintry feel!

Veronique said...

Pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Hjerteboden. DT Veronique

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Gail! I love your snowflakes - they're the perfect setting for your fun snowman!