Saturday 21 January 2017

P is for Pharmacist

Hello.  Welcome.  Last year I was doing the Craft Barn Alpha Dictionary challenge using giant playing cards.  I completed the challenge, in that I made a card with a letter for each fortnightly challenge, but I didn't manage to make two every challenge, which was what I hoped to do to complete the pack.  So a few of these will be popping up now and again.  Here's my second offering for P.  It was going to be poison, but that definition was split in my dictionary so I had a scout through and settled on pharmacist.  


I've used Sizzix embossing folder and blue metal sheet for the background.  The lady is a Lynne Perrelli stamp, stamped on white card, embossed with blue embossing powder and fussy cut.  The bottles on the shelf are a NBUS stamp from DRS called Magic Potion Shelf.  I stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder.  I coloured the bottles with various blue distress inks well diluted with water.  When they were dry I fussy cut them and added glossy accents.  Love the detail on this stamp.  The bottles all have quaint labels with strange contents written on them that are legible despite the embossing powder.  Definition from OED.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
NBUS #8 if I should be lucky [ANY] would be perfect
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything But A Card
Hobbygarasjen Utfordring 44 - Embossing
Hjerteboden Januar Utfordring - Blått, Hvitt, Sølv
Dare 2 B Artzy Challenge - Something New the Magic Potion Shelf stamp is new

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the textures and glitzy feel of this design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything But a Card” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Darnell said...

What a treat, Gail! I love a card that exhibits how much time and thought went into the design elements and it's evident here that you were very thoughtful! It's an awesome card!! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #8!! Hugs, Darnell

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

Lovely colour at your background and nice details
Thanks for playing with us at Hobbygarasjen.no
DT Jorunn Elin

Julia said...

Awesome card, beautiful design!
Thank you for playing with us at Hobbygarasjen.
DT Julia

Design og Hobby said...

Very nice card! Love the colors and texture 💙
Thank you for participating at Hjerteboden's challenge!
Hugs DT-Gry