Monday 16 January 2017

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff #8 - Part 1

Hello.  Welcome.  This morning, whilst mooching around blogland I saw an acronym that made my mojo sing.  NBUS.  Yes, unexpectedly it's that time again.  Darnell is running her most amazing, most wonderful NBUS challenge.  Not once, not twice but three times.  So, in honour of Darnell, here's a card with much NBUS and also a little coloured pencils on kraft work.  Big hugz Darnell.



The star of the show here is DRS's Cowboy Snowman (NBUS).  Couldn't resist this cool guy, but he's been hanging around neglected and uninked so I stamped and embossed him on kraft card and then coloured with water colour pencils.  Didn't have a white pencil so grabbed the white gel pen and made some snow.  



I fussy cut the top part of the image and then cut some patterned kraft paper using Sizzix Stitched Oval die (NBUS).  I used Ground Espresso distress ink to edge the kraft pieces.  I added a piece of washi tape (NBUS) and a piece of twine.  Needed some buttons, and at first I found a reindeer button from Dress It Up.  But he was being very difficult and then I realised it should be horses not reindeer!!  Amazingly I found a pair of horse buttons, also Dress It Up, that fit perfectly.  




I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from Rubber Dance and embossed it.  I am loving this.  Thanks to everyone who inspired this card.  I am sure the birthday girl will love it as much as I do. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Go dig out your NBUS and join the fun.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
NBUS #8 if I should be lucky [ANY] would be perfect
Repeat Impressions Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - J1117 buttons, snowman, pp
Your Next Stamp Challenge 55 - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Winter Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Chill Out

20 comments:

Heather said...

Awww . . . so cute!! Great take on the sketch (I'm working on it myself) and I LOVE those horse embellishments; very cute! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

DIANA L. said...

Too cute I love the little snowman and your fun winter scene. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awwww!!! How cute!

Shelia said...

Love your cowboy snowman card! He is a great image! I really like all the Kraft on this. Great design & coloring.

Jane Willis said...

This is super - I love that patterned kraft that you've used for the oval, and you've even selected a part with a relevant "news item" to go with the image and that lovely horse embellishment! I must get digging into my schtuff ASAP
Jane

JennyH said...

Such a cool card Gail : )

Gayatri said...

Wonderful scene! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp Winter Birthday Challenge. Gayatri xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is great fun! Jo x

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Darnell said...

What a kick you are, Gail! Your cowboy snowman really has me smiling and your wonderful background has me impressed! Then my smile turned into an outright laugh when you got to the bit about the reindeer button not cooperating and you figuring out it was because it should be horses! Did you stop and slap yourself on the forehead?! I love it and I'm sure the recipient will treasure it!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

Adorable snowman and great coloring. Lovely card.

Jean said...

So super cute!

Jane said...

What a great card Gail. Your colouring is super, I'm going to try a "new" technique x

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE this adorable cowboy! Such a fun card! XX

laurie said...

This is SO fun! I love the cowboy..how cute!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a cute scene - the patterned paper in the background works so well with your western take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in YNS Challenge #55!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so fabulous! Love the cute snowman image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

TK said...

Adorable snowman scene! Love the circular background cut too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so adorable.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very cool! I like the pencils on kraft and that patterned paper. Very western and fun.