Sunday 15 January 2017

Polly Says Milk and Two Sugars

Hello.  Welcome.  Can't think of anything witty to say so I'll just show you the card.....



I've used stamps from Power Poppy's Short Stacks. I CASEd Kathy's card.  I started by repeatedly stamping the sentiment stamp and embossing with white powder.  I gave the panel a watercolour wash using Tea Dye and Espresso distress inks.  I stamped and embossed the stack of cups and then coloured with various shades of brown distress inks.  


I added some rhinestones to the bottom cup and the flower on the top cup and added the sentiment.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Caseing the DT Link Up Party #9 
Mod Squad Challenge - Bling 
Stamping Sensations - Coffee and Cream 
Scrappelyst Grublis for Januar - Monokromatisk
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge 
Hobbygarasjen Utfordring 44 - Embossing 

14 comments:

Barbara said...

I really like the technique that you used on the background here. I must file that away for future use. This is a great card for any occasion. A must have card, just in case. Glad that you used a Power Poppy stamp that will give you two entries. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck and hope to see you again.
Barbara DT member

Viv said...

This made me smile and brought back memories from when I was small of an elderly great aunt who had a budgerigar which was allowed the freedom of the house - it often sat on the table and stuck it's beak into tea cups!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

pia iris said...

Kjempefint kort 😊 søt den koppestabelen 👍
Takk for ditt bidrag til Hobbygarasjen. Pia

Hege said...

I really love this card.
Thank you for joining Our Challenge at Scrappelyst.

Inkyfingers said...

I love the resist embossing technique and it works so well on your background here - love the muted colours too!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Michelle said...

I love that budgie perched atop the pile of tea cups! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

Kristin Langnes said...

What a creative and lovely card!

Thanks for joining the challange at Scrappelyst.

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Scrappelyst :)

Helen Gullett said...

That is sweet and beautiful card CASEd from Kathy. LOVE your stacked cups and background, Gail. THANK YOU for playing along with CASEing DT Link Up Party!

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty! I love the muted colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Coffee Loving Cardmakers/CASEing DT💚

Gloria said...

So beautiful! Love your watercoloring! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers January Watercolour challenge! Gloria xx

Sally H said...

A beautiful coffee and cream creation! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month, Gail, and good Luck!

brenda said...

Hi Gail, still on my delayed rounds but didn't want to miss thanking you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm still laughing over your blog post title. Great card.