Thursday 12 January 2017

Heart Wood

Hello.  Welcome.  CASology's cue word this week is forest.  I was looking at this stamp from Unity that I just got and it made me think of initials carved in trees.  So I decided to concentrate on one tree in the forest.......



This stamp is from Unity Be Different kit.  I stamped it three times to extend the image and embossed with silver powder.  I used an embossing pen to add the side lines to the trunk and embossed them with silver as well.  The heart was silver at this point so I used my embossing pen on the heart and then red embossing powder.  Not exactly the result I was expecting because the silver embossing mobilised as well and has given a distressed sort of appearance to the heart.  But that's OK, cos if you carve a heart on a tree growing in a forest it will probably end up looking a bit distressed.  I thought this might make an unusual Valentines card.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
CASology Week 231 - Forest
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - AG
Stamplorations CAS Challenge January
Hobbygarasjen Utfordring 44 - Embossing




7 comments:

pia iris said...

Utrolig kult kort 👍👍👍
Takk for ditt bidrag til Hobbygarasjen. Pia

Tiya-B said...

What a great job with the stamp,pen and emboss to make a beautiful tall tree, its simply elegant.

Ina G said...

Fabulous cas card and I agree with you - that bright red heart carved into the tree would certainly be distressed. Great result Gail. Thanks for joining us for our January CAS Challenge at STAMPlorations.

Joyce said...

Fabulous tree, and I love the distressed look. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Simply wonderful texture and a great match for the cue this week at CASology.

Toni said...

Fantastic! the texture of that trunk is ah-mazing! Glad you joined us at Stamplorations!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is so beautiful ! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !