Wednesday 25 January 2017

Fairy Nice Card for CCC January

Hello.  Welcome.  Whoop dee doo have you heard the news??  The wonderful and awesome Card Chain Challenge has it's own blog.  If you haven't heard me talk about the card chain challenge let me explain......  

This is an international card exchange.  You sign up and send a card to the person above you in the chain and get a card from the person below you in the chain.  Everyone gets a card.  Everyone wins!!  I have been a link in the chain for three years and haven't missed a month.  It's so cool knowing that a card is coming from somewhere on the planet, and you won't know what it looks like til it arrives, cos we keep that secret til we know our recipient has got her card.  Also, on the 2nd of the month we have a big reveal post and show all the cards that have been sent that month.  

The January cards are flying around the globe now, or have already been delivered.  I sent my card to Betty in Nebraska this month.  I know it has arrived, so I thought I'd share.



There are 4 options to choose from when making your card for CCC.  I chose the colours, cos I love purple and yellow, and the theme of friendship.    I cut my layers using my new Sizzix Mixed Media Thinlet dies (NBUS).  I love these.  I can see me cutting holes in many more cards LOL.   The little fairy is from Panduro's girl set.  I coloured her with Promarkers and fussy cut her.  The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals.  I added some rhinestones to her headband and antennae.  

If you would like to send and receive happy mail the February sign up is open now.  If you would like to see all the cards sent in January the reveal will be on the Card Chain Challenge blog on the February 2nd.  Do drop by and check out all the wonderful makes.  Hope to see you there.  

Thanks for dropping by.  I really appreciate your visit.  Hugz 

Joining the fun at
ODBDSLC 282 - Colour Challenge
Scrapyland Challenge 58 - Favourite Colours 
Promarker Challenge Week 379 - Feminine Fancy 
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge 32 - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Cute card and image!! Love the background you created with the die cuts. So fun!!

Nikki W said...

Looove how you used these bright colours, works so well. Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

scrappymo! said...

Cute card and a lovely idea for this carde exchange.

Paula F (MuseOfMixedMedia.blogspot.com) said...

What a nice idea, this international card exchange! I like the lettering stamp too. I bet Betty in Nebraska was very happy to receive this. :) Thanks for entering your card in the "Anything Goes" challenge at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!

coops said...

So gorgeous Iona.Your bold colours are fabulous and I love the sweet image and fab design.
Thanks for joining in my `Feminine Fancy` challenge this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

Super card Thanks for joining in our challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx, I love the neon colours and the design suits them perfectly!

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Gail. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image and fun design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa