Tuesday 31 January 2017

How Cowboys Dream

Hello.  Welcome.  Supposedly it's Inspire Your Heart with Art Day today.  Something to aspire to every day me thinks.  So.......  I have been meaning to join the Viva Las Vegas Stamps challenge.  Their mood board is all browns and silhouette flowers.  So I decided to try my very first mail art envelope.  I searched for flowers in my VLVstamps and found a guy sleeping against a cactus.  I want his dreams.........


I stamped and black embossed the man sleeping against the cactus, the Unicorn and the dream big sentiment.  All VLVstamps and all NBUS.  Then I did some watercolouring using distress inks, Ground Espresso, Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap and Hickory Smoke.  I made the splatts using frayed burlap and Stamplorations Flutters and Splatters stencil.  I think that's quite a fun envelope.  Not bad for a first attempt. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
VLVS Challenge
NBUS Challenge 10  GC if I should be so lucky LOL 
Stamping Sensations Challenge - Coffee and Cream he's just having 40 winks whilst the coffee is cooking
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge



11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Like it! Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Fun and fabulous first mail art envelope x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this card. Great masculine and western feel to it.

Gayatri said...

Absolutely! Great sentiment. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

brenda said...

Great use of the colour palette Gail, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dora said...

Awesome! Great done in these colours and using of stamps.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Amy A said...

Love the browns and depth of textures with the background stenciling and watercoloring. Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month and good luck. We sure hope you join us again.

Amy- DT
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so much fun. Cowboys dream of unicorns, who knew?! Love it.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

At first glance I see a horse but no it's a unicorn. Beautiful image and lovely watercoloring Gail. Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations January Mixed Media Challenge ...See you again real soon Gail.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Susanne Rose said...

Hi Gail!!! This envelope is so cool! Of course my first thought was Lucky Luke!!! I loved this when I was a child. Thank you for joining us over at STAMPlorations and VLVS. HUGS!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! Thank you so much for joining us over at VivaLasVegaStamps!
Corrie x