Thursday 19 January 2017

Frozen Duck

Hello.  Welcome.  So this all started with the wellie boots.  The challenges this year at The Craft Barn are a little different and I wasn't sure if I was going to play along, but then I decided it's good to get out of your comfort zone so.........

The challenge is working through the lines of a poem by Sara Coleridge, which I am not familiar with, but probably will be by the end of the year.   So, include the first two lines in the poem and a bird in a wellington boot!  Why?  Who knows.  That's why it's a challenge.  So I decided to start at the most challenging bit, which was actually the boot, or in my case boots. 



The boots are borrowed from a girl in a sou'wester who came free with a magazine.  I stamped and embossed them on dark blue metal and fussy cut.  Then I chose my bird.  I decided a duck in wellies was a wonderful idea.  This is YNS Quackers stamped and embossed on pale blue metal.  I fussy cut him and the gold, red and mother of pearl colours are actually window paints (but that's a whole new blog post).  I decided to use a grey textured journaling card for my project.  


I used silver sparkle paste through Stamplorations Swirly Bloom stencil.   Here's a picture that shows the sparkle.  



I printed the poem lines on a piece of wintery paper and then did some tearing.  I layered the torn paper and placed an embossed die cut circle behind it with some bobbly white paper.  Then I added Quackers in his very fine boots. A bird in wellies.   

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge 
Your Next Stamp Challenge 55 - Sketch 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything But A Card 
Fashionable Stamping Challenge 119 - Winter or Spring
Allsorts Challenge Week 398 - Wings on Things 
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge


14 comments:

Lin said...

The texture and your design makes this such a fun creation, Gail! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Mervi said...

Lovely and happy card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Kathleen said...

Really lovely cute card, great image and a lovely background.
Thank you for joining our 'Wings and Things' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I could use some wellies right about now. THe rain is a'coming down. Definitely it is a day for glowing fingers, toes and nose. Cute card. I like the idea of a duck in boots.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a quirky little card and the Duck looks fabulous in his wellies. It is good to work out of our comfort zone from time to time and you've done a super job here. Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra x

Mickie said...

Really cute card - thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge you've stepped out of your usual comfort zone and created another xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a fun card - great job mixing the stamps and meeting all the challenges. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

Julia said...

That duck in boots is adorable! I love that sparkle paste too, looks yummy.

Crafty Claire said...

A lovely project, he made me smile with his cheekiness. I love the texture the window paint creates.xx

maggie said...

A card that will bring a smile to the recipient's face. I love all the different textures you have used.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Oh what a fun card... great! Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

Susanne Rose said...

Gorgeous! This is so funny, Gail. Thank you for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. xx Susanne.

Carol said...

Such a fun project Gail,love the duck! Thanks for joining our Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations this time. Carol DT x

Mrs.B said...

This little duck looks fabulous in his wellington boots.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril