Sunday 22 January 2017

Putting Winter Behind Her

Hello.  Welcome.  This one is jumping the queue.  Yes, a number of projects slowly evolving and then this one leaps up, all fully formed and screaming to be let out.  I was inspired by the new challenge over at AAA cards.  The theme is winter chill and the thing that struck me about the inspiration picture was the stripes.  OK, they aren't exactly stripes!  Wheel tracks in the snow.  But they just said stripes to me.  And that also works for Double D where they want black and white and have some stripey pillows as well so......



This girl is from Unity Stamps January KOM.  I stamped her on the white card and then used black sharpies to add the stripes.  That took a while, but was kind of therapeutic.  She reminds me of me, when I go out in the morning and there is a hint of the spring to come.  Lift your nose, close your eyes, spring before us, winter behind.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
AAA Cards Game 82 - Winter Chill 
Scrappelyst Grublis for Januar - Monokromatisk 
Scrappegarasjen Utfordring 31 - CAS
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Chill Out she's chillin'
Double D Challenges - Black and White 
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - New Product  girl stamp is a new product 

 

10 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Holy cow! I officially dub you Queen of the Sharpie Stripes! Wow! The effect you created is stunning and I love how you kept it in black and white. The girl is beautiful and I love how she looks against those bold geometric lines. They are so pro and I really am impressed that you did all that with a Sharpie! I really like how this piece turned out and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love that those tire marks were your main source of inspiration here. You really were thinking outside the box. I love it. I also love that this girl is on the other side of the winter chill. Really awesome take on the challenge. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Hege said...

Lovely CAS-card.
Thanks for joining us at Scrappelyst.

Hege.

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at Scrappelyst.

Synnøve said...

Very elegant CAS-card! Thanks for joining us at Scrappegarasjen!
Synnøve

Wenche said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Scrappelyst.

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation Bunny! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘BLACK & WHITE’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Vicki said...

Bunny, your card is stunning and so inspiring. I love how you interpreted the stripes on the pillows. Thanks for joining the Double D Black and White Challenge.

Diane said...

Very pretty and elegant! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Scrappegarasjen said...

Cute, so CAS!
Thanks for playing with us at scrappegarasjen!