Tuesday 6 October 2015

Packed and Wrapped

Hello. Welcome.  It's a lovely warm day, for the time of year, but blowing a gale.  The house is creaking and groaning and getting out the front door is a challenge in itself.  What a lark......  So I decided to hide in my craft room and have a go at collage stamping as suggested by Mark's Finest Paper challenge.  


I started with a grey piece of A4 card and smudged all over with Festive Berries distress ink.  Then I arranged christmas sentiment stamps from Mark's Finest Papers Nutcracker, Holiday Tags and Dear Santa sets on an acrylic block, stamped and embossed with red powder.  I cut up my sheet, at which time I realised I should have had it portrait instead of landscape.  Duh!!  Or I should have thought before I cut.  Double duh!!


So I modified my original idea and made a package.  I mounted my stamped panel on a gold base card.  Then I stamped, embossed and coloured the candy cane from MFP Holiday Tags set.  I stamped the bow on the same gold card, embossed and added it to the candy cane.  I cut two strips of the gold card, about the same width as the stamped bow, inked the edges with black archival and stuck them to the card.  I am hoping this looks like a wrapped package.  

Now since I am a little slow to tidy up I am going to take advantage of all those little stamps on that acrylic block and I am going to make me another sheet of this fun background paper, portrait LOL

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

11 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Very cool project - love it! I may have to try this ...

Janis said...

This turned out great!!! Love the jolly, festive look of your red stamping on the white.

I have an entry for it, too, that I have been trying to get posted for 2 days!!!! Ha. Moving in the right direction, at least.....I have the photos on my draft, so far. lol....
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card,Gail.
.

Virginia L. said...

Love your creative idea! The text background and the gift box design are awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Vickie Y said...

Love the background you created for the candy cane image. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very creative! Wonderful Christmas card for sure. Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!
hugs,
Pam
MFP SF&F DT

Barbie said...

Great take on this week's challenge. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Stampsnob. said...

Oh nice back ground Lovely card thanks for sharing at MFP SFF.............Lis

Jane said...

Wonderful background you created!
Thanks for playing this week at SF&F

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 249 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Karen Day said...

Iona, I love your present! Great idea to make your own wrapping paper - thanks for joining our October challenge at One Crazy Stamper!