Saturday 10 October 2015

Birthday Boos and a Discount for You

Hello.  Welcome.  As I hope you know, I am very fortunate to be on the Rubber Dance Stamps Scandinavian design team.  So for you, as a little reward for following my blog and being such wonderful supporters of my crafty endeavors, I have been given an exclusive code that you can use on any order this year.  You will get a whopping 15% off your order at Rubber Dance by using gail2015.  Easy peasy, go get you some bargain rubber.  I have a link to the shop in my sidebar and I've added the code underneath so it's easy for you to find.  Just don't forget to use the code and remember, Bibi offers very reasonable flat rate shipping worldwide.  Are you still here??   Oh yes, the boos.........

I saw this card over at DRS and today, whilst hunting for black card, I saw these holographic scratch sheets and remembered I have that embossing folder.  So I ran it through the bigshot and this is the result before I removed more of the black coating.  It looks pretty cool already.  Like Julie says the Sizzix folders do give a really deep emboss.  In fact, I don't use any tabs going through the bigshot and there's less chance of splitting your card. 



Just wanted to share my base card cos you don't get to see much of it in the final picture.  I used an orange card and I stamped with the barbed wire stamp I made yesterday by cutting craft foam with Cheery Lynn's Barbed Wire die.  I've also smudged my edges and beyond with black archival.  Love this.



So, once I'd cleaned a bit more of the black off my embossed letters I added that panel to the base card.  I used Cheery Lynn's Barbed Wire die again to cut well, barbed wire!!  The skeleton is from TH Retro Halloween, stamped, embossed and fussy cut.  I meant to give him a humerous speech bubble but wasn't sure he had a funny bone in his body.   Bwahahahahahahaha.  Sorry about that. 

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 205 - Halloween 
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - People well, maybe ex-people.....
Winnie & Walter WCMD 2015 - Make it Masculine 
DRS Designs Challenge 195 - Spooky or Cutesy 
Repeat Impressions WIW Color Challenge - Orange, Lime & Purple/Black 
OCS October Challenge - Christmas/Halloween/Fall 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air 
Scrapyland Challenge 27 - AG with a Die 

Thanks for dropping by.  Don't forget to use my code if you go shopping for Rubber Dance stamps.  Hugz

17 comments:

Sue said...

A great Halloween card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks AMAZING- love your embossed bg. Super awesome!!

shulsart said...

What a cool card, love that background and the barbed wire, great card, Gail. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Heather said...

I am not a fan of Halloween, but I AM a fan of that embossed background panel!! I haven't seen any of that paper before and it looks fabulous once it has been embossed and "scratched" a bit. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Nancy Hill said...

Love how you called it the funny bones. Love your technique with the barbed wire and embossing. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapyland Challenge #27. Look forward seeing your next amazing card. Nancy Hill, Quest Designer

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow what a kool effect. Love how the embossing is so colorful. The barbed wire goes good with it too. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Amy Voorthuis said...

WOWSERS the background with your amazing emossing technique is truly admirable. Oh boy how I just adore that barb wire die on it. Amazing card and than you so much for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck ❤ hugs Amy

Craftyfield said...

Suitably spooky! Love this black card with embossing technique, great results.

Bonnie Garby said...

Whata fun and spooky card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week.

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card!! Such a great background! Thank you so much for sharing a bit of autumn with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!

Janis said...

Spooky and shadowy!!! Great effect and technique!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

Jane said...

Wow, fabulous! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Donna Ellis said...

wonderfully spooky, and fabulous colors! Thanks for joining us in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope to see your pretty projects again.
happiness and hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Kathy S said...

Wowzer - this is a fabulously bright and vibrant card. Love it. The gradient of color your achieved is really wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us at The House That Stamps Built.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful! That holographic paper is fabulous. Thanks for the mention & for joining us at DRS Designs.

nwilliams6 said...

What an awesome technique!!! I am going to have to try to check this technique out more. LOVE your card and we are so glad you joined us in the DRS Designs Challenge!!! Hugz

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable and fun Halloween card! Love the neon colors on it and the barbed wire is a perfect addition! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #27!