Saturday 31 October 2015

Giraffe Past Two


Hello.  Welcome.  Here's a recap of the DT piece I made for Rubber Dance this month.  A great idea for a gift, especially if you have an old boring clock at home.  Or maybe you were in IKEA and bought a cheap one?   I did that!!  With a little bit of altering it becomes a whole different animal.  Maybe a gift, or maybe for me hee hee.  



I was inspired by this months challenge colours at Rubber Dance, and there's still a few hours to join the fun if you aren't too busy spooking.....





I started with a cheap clock



I disassembled it and coloured with raisen, caramel and bottle alcohol inks.  I had to paint the back of the clock white cos the plastic is translucent and so are the inks.



I stamped and embossed the animals from African Animals on glossy paper, coloured with caramel, mushroom, slate and ginger alcohol inks and fussy cut. 



On the background I have used stamps from ATC Backgrounds 1 and Norwegian Funny Birthday with distress inks.  The numbers are from the new Rubber Dance set Pick A Number and were the perfect size and look for my clock.



A little difficult to see but the alcohol inks give a lovely colour and texture.






Thanks for your visit.  You can find all the stamps in the  Rubber Dance shop


REMEMBER:  If you are going shopping for Rubber Dance stamps you can get   
15% OFF with my code gail2015. Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Clocks
Fashionable Stamping Challenges #104 - Changing Seasons

5 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

What an amazing transformation and great idea to use the Alcohol inks. The Safari animals look adorable on this.
Happy Halloween, Julie x

Mrs A. said...

Your clock looks lovely. A great transformation. I have just altered a clock piece myself this Wednesday on my blog. I decoupaged mine with butterflies. hugs Mrs A.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very nice! and great project...
"- what is the ghost's favorite fruit?
- the BOO-berries :)
Happy Halloween!!!"
hugs
Bibiana

Kay Wallace said...

What a magical transformation, Gail! Just amazing!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Gail, This is a fabulous alteration. love the colours with the AIs. Love the images on the clock face, especially the placement of the giraffe.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x