Tuesday 13 October 2015

O Little Town

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Jade.  So happy you have joined my jolly little band.  Hugz to all my followers and friends.  Your support and comments are marshmallows and cream on the hot chocolate of life.  HUGZ

I couldn't resist this lovely new stamp from Crafty Individuals.  It arrived today and I could hardly wait to get it inky.  It's called The Star in the East.  Looks like 'O Little Town' to me......



Please excuse the poor photo.  I embossed with gold powder and the glare meant I needed to take the picture from a strange angle.  I'll try again tomorrow.  I kept it simple.  I used an Ultramarine brusho wash for the background and then used distress inks and my waterbrush to colour the roofs.  

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - CAS Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Wonderful Watercolours
OCS October Challenge - Christmas/Halloween/Fall
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Light I'm going with star light

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This looks really lovely! What a gorgeous Christmas stamp.....gold is ALWAYS soooo hard to photograph....but I can imagine how yummy it looks in RL!!!

Julia said...

I saw that new Crafty Individuals stamp advertised recently and was tempted. It looks really good, very middle eastern. Great card.
Julia

rachel said...

its a beautiful stamp - love it. great make xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous work with the new CI stamp - love the colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fabulous little scene you've created! I can see why you were excited to work with this stamp and WOW! You really brought it to life! I love how you colored the roofs for some added oomph and they blend perfectly with the sophisticated browns and golds that you chose. This is such a refreshingly unique card and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Craftyfield said...

Love this stamp too, but I will resist.. I already have a few (!!!) Christmas stamps.

buterfliecrafter said...

fab stamp.

Jane said...

A beautiful image! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

maggie said...

A lovely new stamp from Crafty Individuals. A great card.

Karen Day said...

Oh, I love the exotic feel to this stamp! And doing the dark sky with it is perfect - thanks for joining our October challenge at One Crazy Stamper!