Sunday 11 October 2015

Orinoco Models Autumn Leaf

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at Paperartsy the theme this fortnight has been Wearable Art.  I was quite excited by this cos I recently bought a load of plain t-shirts and have had vague ideas about personalising them.  So I was very excited to see Wanda's post.  I am still excited about that but, because I am sadly lacking that fabric medium she used, I decided to go with some shrink plastic jewelry.  



Oh wow, womble in the shrubbery.  Ain't he cool.  Forget the necklace a minute.  I have to just tell you this Womble was made for me by my grandmother 40ish years ago.  My grandmother is 92 now and still going strong.   I have three siblings and every year she would make us all a cuddly toy.  One year it was wombles.  I got Orinoco, hat and scarf included.  He agreed to go naked for this picture.  If you haven't got a clue what I'm on about then just celebrate your youth........  I'm sorry, but I don't think a teletubby is even in the same league.  You got to feel sorry for the kids of today......



I started by stamping the large oak leaf from HP1105 on white shrink plastic and coloured with distress inks.  Here's the before (11ish cm) and after (4.5ish cm) size.



Then I did a bit of bead work, keeping with neutral and autumny colours



A close up of my little helper



Love how the detailed stamping is so clear.  

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy - Wearable Art
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

5 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Perfect necklace for now and great little helper! x

Dotty Jo said...

Another Wombles fan - good to meet ya, Jo x

Art By Wanda said...

Your womble is adorable!! What a treasure to have a piece your grandmother made!! Your necklace is beautiful!!!

Maura said...

How fun is this? Love your fall leaf! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Janis said...

Aren't you clever making that wonderful autumn necklace for your womble!!! I have zero idea what a womble is....and I bet I am older than you are. Ha!!.....but he sure is cute. What a wonderful keepsake!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!