Sunday 31 January 2016

Hot Glue Bling

Hello.  Welcome.  The end of the month is nigh and I have decided to have a bit of a blog blitz.  Mojo this month has been a bit sporadic and UFO's litter my desk.  There are still many challenges I would love to play along with so I have decided to knuckle down and see if I can pull a few small miracles out of the chaos that I call my desk.....

I saw a lovely project by Cornelia where she used hot glue on a card.  I have a hot glue gun so I dusted it off and had a play.  


I started by making some lines of hot glue, drawing them out with a stylus and embossing with Midnight Sparkle embossing powder.  Yummy.



Then I coloured with Dylusions.  Got to admit I was not happy with the result!  So I decided you can't have too much sparkle and spritzed with W&N iridescent watercolour medium.  I moved onto something else so was a bit surprised when I picked it up today to see that the inks had reacted with the IWCM to create quite a lovely effect.  Small miracle.    


Cool.  I matted it up and mounted it on a bright orange base.  I added the Thanks sentiment from Stamplorations Birds and Blooms set and embossed with silver.  



Quite liking the final result.  Off to see what else is lurking.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations Spotlight Project Showcase 
Stamplorations January Challenge - CAS
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge
Stamplorations CAS Challenge - January
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Triplets three lines of glue



10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! Now that is a very neat discovery! Looks fabulous :)!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi, this came out GREAT! Isn't it fun! I have to do this again some other time - its just so neat!

thassos456 said...

What a cool idea using a hot glue gun. I like the effect a lot :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

what a cool effect! Love the texture! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge!
Lisa

Etsuko said...

Love this, cool idea Gail!! xx

buterfliecrafter said...

those glue lines are super cool!

Craftyfield said...

Yep very cool! I have been thinking about getting a glue gun but I'm not sure I can be trusted not to burn myself... Have you tried making your own scribble stencil with it?

ionabunny said...

Hi Craftyfield. I think you would have to try really hard to burn yourself with it! Not much of the outside of gun gets hot and the glue cools pretty fast. The above technique is pretty advanced glue gun use for me, but now your remind me about scribble stencils I might give them a go. Got to find where I hid my glue sticks first.......... Hugz

maggie said...

A serendipitous result. I love it!

gardenpinks said...

I do love good 'accidents' and yours has turned out fabulous