Sunday 10 January 2016

Give It a Little Jingle

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at Mark's Finest Papers they are having a technique challenge - acrylic block stamping.  I've seen this done many times and done it myself once.  It was fun, quick and easy.  So I thought I'd have a play.  


I started by adding Barn Door distress ink to a 5cm square block and stamping a pattern.  Didn't like that so much so switched to a 10cm block and spritzed with water.  Grabbed the spritz with the W&N irridescent medium in by mistake.  Result - sparkle.  I like the variation in the pattern and also the instant border.  I discovered that most of my acrylic blocks have a bevelled and a straight side.  Stamping with the straight side gave a much more defined line.  Stamping with the bevelled side resulted in ink bleed.  Interesting.



I stamped the little santa head and a ho ho ho border from Mark's Finest Papers Holiday Tags set.  I added some glitter to his hat.  I was going to put him on a wobble dingsen but I have temporarily lost misplaced them.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Have you joined in my giveaway?  Not long til the full moon you know.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
MFP Stamps Challenge 2 - Acrylic Block Stamping
CHNC Challenge 263 - Red
TCPTUES305 Challenge - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Super job on the background Gail TFS MFP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love how this turned out! Perfect for your darling little Santa! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,
Pam
MFP DT

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Brenda said...

Love this so fun, the background is wonderful! Thanks for joining us for the TCP Tuesday Challenge!