Monday 18 January 2016

Dreams of Summer

Hello.  Welcome.  It's grey and snowing but luckily the -12°C we had yesterday has gone away.  So I decided I would think summer.  Tropical and exotic.  And since the guy with the hat was still on my desk.............



Technicolour brights!!  Had a little challenge trying to get the royal purple, navy blue and in your face orange balanced so please squint and imagine........  So I cut my brand new Die-Versions Beach House die from navy card.  Then I wasn't sure what to do with it so I tossed it on my desk and it landed on this purple card.  I may have to use that technique more often!!!!  I had an image of a glorious sunrise so I raided the scraps box for some orange, cut long thin triangle type shapes and arranged them behind my island diecut.  Then I coloured Unity's There Was a Boy in tropical shades and added him to the scene.  I want to be there too.........

Oh, and since Kay mentioned it.........  Trust me, sometimes there is just more cake than you can eat.


A typical selection of deserts at a family gathering.  I think we were 15 people.  That's half a cake each!! plus candy and chips and did I mention the pizza???

Thanks for visiting.  Still a couple of days to enter my giveaway.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Hats
Die-cut Divas - New Technique/Die/Stamp/Colors
Rediscover How To Play 2016 Jan Week 2  
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb Utfordring 131 - Årtider somer
Stamping Sensations January Challenge - Anything Goes With a Die 
VSC Challenge 40 - Anything Goes With Your New Stash new die

16 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

What a super design Gail, I love this cute little chap. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Julie x

Michelle N. said...

What a bright wonderful card! Don't you just love Unity stamps? Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's New Challenge!

Carolyn Dube said...

The toss has helped me out many time too- fun card you made! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

Arlene said...

What a fun card!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a card!!!! Fabulous! I'll have to try that throwing technique of yours;) - I wonder if my results will be as spectacular as yours? Next time you have too much cake - call me :)

Kay Wallace said...

We have had snow twice this week and are due for 6-10" more on Saturday. Not as bad as last year, but I have had my fill of it already and am ready to join you and the dude in those hot green pants on the island!! Bring some cake! Ha! What a photo!

brenda said...

You can never have too much cake Gail, believe me it's the same when we have a family gathering here as well.

Your bright and fun card is perfect for these dull winter days.

Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Dahhhhhhh, I am pretty sure I didn't swap hats and thanked you for joining PB&M, I did of course mean FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges Gail.

B x

Craftyfield said...

Wow, definitely bright and summery colours! Love your design with the die cut placed at the centre of the sun rays, quite possibly a perfect Golden ration composition!
Thanks for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Joan said...

Ooh fabulous cakes ! Oh yes and a fabulous card too, love the vibrant colours and the cute guy

Thanks for joining us at Stamoing Sensations this month

Joan

Julia said...

Love that funky boy and the bright colours on this card. There is a serious spread of cakes in that photo too .... looks yummy.

gardenpinks said...

Save me a slice of carrot cake please:) Great colourful card and love the hat!

Jane said...

Great colours used! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge.
Jane x

Kreativelena said...

So cool card, love the image :-)
Thank you for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb :-)

Eret said...

How fun card with lovely bright colors. This image makes me smile. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Anne Lill said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb! Anne Lill - DT NSHK