Friday 15 January 2016

Tribute to Nussi

Hello.  Welcome.  This is a re-post of my Rubber Dance DT post.  I made three cards using Rubber Dance stamps and EyeConnect Crafts chipboards.



I was inspired by this month's challenge at Rubber Dance which is:


We have a cat.  She's called Nussi.  She's black.  She's 18 years old.  The last year she has been doing lots of strange things.  I am sure she has a bucket list.  "Things to do before I die"  Or maybe she has just decided to see just how far she can push the rules.  Quite a long way it turns out!!  When I saw these cat totem chipboards from EyeConnect Crafts I thought of Nussi.  I did find out that is is just as difficult to take a picture of a black chipboard cat as it is to take a picture of a real black cat!!


I made a background using lime green paint and used stamps from Rubber Dance ATC Backgrounds 1 and Retro Beach with various green distress inks.




The cat chipboards consist of many parts that you fix together with brads.  I used a foam block that came with some supplies with a piece of double sided tape to hold the pieces while I embossed them with black powder.  A wine cork would also work. 



I used three layers of embossing to give the cats an enameled look.  Stamps from African Animals and Affirmations



I used the alphabet stamps from Alphabet Uno to make the letter layer.  The other stamps are from Sarcastic Superpower and Affirmations



This one is for Nussi.  I have stuck the cats to the card but because they are put together with brads the head, tail and some legs are still movable!  What fun.


You can find all the stamps I used at Rubber Dance Stamps
Don't forget you can get 15% off your order with my code gail2016
Orders have worldwide flat rate shipping of only €4,50!! (less than $5 US!!Orders over €35 ship FREE!!!  
If you enter the challenge you can get a code for free shipping so get stamping with black and white plus 1 !! 
These lovely cat chipboards plus many more fun designs can be found at EyeConnect Crafts.

Thanks for dropping by.  Still time to enter my GIVEAWAY ;-).  Hugz

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool cat cards. And it looks like Nussi . The black cat on a mission! Really a good card idea for cat crazy people!

maria f. said...

"If I licked it, it's mine" HA! Great one. Love this trio. Those silhouettes are cool.

Craftyfield said...

I missed this post but thanks to Bibi's recap I am making the detour (well worth). Your combination of stamps and the EyeConnect shapes is inspired! Just love your trio!