Monday 25 January 2016

Critter Friends and A Winner

Hello.  Welcome.  I thought I'd share my CCC card for January that I sent to Toni in Washington.  Incidently, I was just cruising Toni's blog and she has some lovely shots of her crafty space and some great organising ideas.  I am so stealing the 'basket to put things in that need putting away' idea.  A stupidly simple thing that may very well revolutionise my 'use and shove' desk management system.  Stay tuned for updates......

So CCC, the Card Chain Challenge.  Make a card, send a card, get a card.  More fun that a box of chocolate frogs.  And the delightful Deborah does a full reveal on the first day of the following month so we can all ooh and ahh over the crafty amazingness that has been exchanged around the planet.   Here's the card I sent to Toni



I kinda started with the colours, but got a bit waylaid with the blue, so I'm claiming friendship as my theme.  I know that cat and bird are great friends.  At least Cat would like to be.......  I used the Bird Cage embossing folder on a pale grey panel and added Hickory Smoke distress highlights.  The cat is Cheery Lynn Funny Cat die paper pieced and I think I added some wink of stella as well.  I didn't have the right colour base card so I used a pale blue textured card and hit it with the Blueprint Sketch distress.  

If you would like to join this months CCC and exchange some happy snail mail with someone somewhere on planet earth sign up HERE 

Oh yes, before I forget, I have my winner to announce for my surprize giveaway.  Thank you to everyone who joined in with my little game.  You really gave me happy moments and lovely suggestions.  So, here's happy moments for one lucky player.  I consulted Mr Random and he picked

Congrats Kristiina.  Send me an email with your details to craftynomad at gmail dot com and I will get your candy in the post.  Stay tuned cos I feel another candy coming on...... Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 221 - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Best Friends
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Create With Critters 
Tando Creative January - Animals 

11 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fun and cute card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Lin said...

Fun card for our critter challenge, Gail! So glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Janis said...

A very brave cat owner also to keep a bird!! Or maybe no bird, anymore..... Such a great card with that cat looking just a *little* bit too self-satisfied. :) Love the colors. Great job!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Janis said...

Forgot to say....Congratulations to Kristina!

Thanks, Gail, for having the fun giveaway!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Kay Wallace said...

Well, it seems that Toni and Kristiina are both lucky ladies! Great card, Gail, and a great giveaway!

Lizzy Hill said...

Enjoy, Kristina......& yay to cats and birds co-habitating happily...on your card, at least;)!!! LOOOVE that vibrant blue, too:):)

Amy Voorthuis said...

Congrats to the winner yeahh! Your card is very cute love that cat and that birdcage behind him lol so funny ;-) Thank you so much for taking the time to enter our two weekly challenge at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy xox

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a cute design, reminds me of a cartoon Sylvester and Tweetie Pie. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Jenny Alia said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck in the draw!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Carol Plume said...

Lovely card and stunning colour blue - thank you for sharing with us at Tando creative this month.