Monday 11 January 2016

Missing The B and S

Hello.  Welcome.   Over at Paperartsy the challenge is Transparent Art.  Hmmmmmm......  I saw Helen's post and started thinking about stamping behind acetate.  Then I found Rediscover How to Play.  Oh yes.....  Carolyn is asking us to play.  To create without worrying about a finished project.  To just do...... something.  I feel a breathe of new creativity.  So I played. 

I grabbed paper and brusho's.  I sprinkled black and yellow and spritzed.  Then I grabbed some of that plastic packaging that comes on so many dies and embossing folders.  The stuff that we should throw away, but it gets kept cos we might be able to do something with it one day.  Today is that day........


I embossed my plastic packaging with Sizzix Cracked embossing folder.  I stamped the word SHATTERED using Rubber Dance Alphabet Uno stamps, coloured with red sharpie and tried to outline with my white gel pen.  I added the embossed plastic and an artistic blob of red paint.  At this stage it was rectangular, but it didn't look right so I started chopping bits off with a pair of scissors.  A surprisingly therapeutic exercise.  Call it what you will.  I'm calling it finished.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy - Transparent Art
Rediscover How To Play 2016 Jan Week 1

12 comments:

Majo said...

Such a great idea, love it ♥

Kay Wallace said...

You have perfectly "supported" your artful project with just the right word--of course, that embossing folder helped, too! Totally brilliant, I say! Good luck at Paperartsy!

Kristiina said...

So fun, nothing like decent play :)

Bibi Lindahl said...

COOL!!! Now I wish I had saved some of those plastic packaging thingies, too ... Hmm, wonder if perhaps I have something, somewhere, that I could use. Such a good idea to emboss those babies!!!
Love the way you used my alphabet stamps! Thank you, darlin'!
♥♥♥

Plush Possum Studio said...

Like a breaking of a glass case followed by freedom! Nice work
:)

Art By Wanda said...

I think it's great!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!

Etsuko said...

Fantastic idea!! This is lovely piece. xx

Scrapmate said...

Brilliant idea and very effective.

Craftyfield said...

Love the shape, it is better this way and makes more sense since the glass is shattered! The Brushos background is lovely behind that pop of red. I need to take them out to play too, it may incite my mojo to come back!

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a great idea!

Lucy x

Claire said...

Lovely and bright - the shape fits really well with the word X

Sarah B said...

this is very eye catching - great idea x